the Rift

[OPEN] Unlikely

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
The mare before her relaxed visibly, but Kahlua did not find it so easy to let go of her fears. She had come to this land so naïve, but ever since Onni had forced the fear of darkness into she had become something of a coward. If she knew there was danger. If she was oblivious to the danger, Kahlua was as kind and carefree as any foal. As Artemis began to breathe again, lowering her neck, Kahlua simply tottered from side to side, shifting her weight in uncertainty. Still, this mare didn't seem to be a threat now that she was calm. Could Kahlua try and trust her? She thought about. For now, she still kept a healthy distrust of the white mare; however, Artemis' smile did close quite a bit of the gap between fear and friendship.

There is nothing to forgive, the mare began, and finally Kahlua found that she was smiling herself. Her ears picked up from her head and her tottering stopped. She did not fully relax just yet, but she was very close. Perhaps it was a weakness of hers, but she was always inclined to trust kindness. Even the lords of the Basin could probably lure her in with kind words and promises of more sunny days. While the mare continued speaking, Kahlua repeated Artemis' name several times to herself out of habit. As Artemis finished, though, Kahlua found her smile fading. She had been hopeful to find the old stallion. Perhaps he had died? But he didn't seem that old... She simply shook her head.

“Even so, the land has been pretty to see,” she said, her dancing overlaid with ribbons of sadness. Or perhaps it was confusion. She did not like the idea of the old stallion dead, and so she did her best to push it out of her mind. Death was not something she usually let herself dwell on. Whenever she did, she always ended up thinking about her family. Had they made it out of the fire? Was her twin alive still? And her mother and father, did they escape or did they burn up in their cold, stone cathedral? Kahlua did not know. She couldn't imagine she would have escaped and the others would not have, but still... She hadn't seen them since, now almost 6 seasons past. She shook her head again, the images were getting to be too much for her.

Then the white mare lowered her head further and Kahlua cocked her head to the side. The invasion, she began, and though the topic discomforted her, Kahlua did not begin to shift or fiddle about. There was something forlorn about the white mare's voice that held her attention more strongly than the fearful memories did. Laila? Kahlua furrowed her brow in confusion. The name was not one she was familiar with. And as the mare's sad story ended, and she turned away, Kahlua could not help but feel her heart ache for the mare.

Slowly, apprehensively, she took a step forward, and then another. She did not know exactly where the Foothills counted their borders, so she was wary, but she also felt a need to give this mare some kind of comfort. After all, she could have simply attacked Kahlua with no questions asked. Secure borders were precious, after all. But she had not, and now she claimed that she did not want to hurt those who were innocent... Kahlua could not help but like her. And she did not like to see those she liked hurting. When she finally had closed the distance, or tried at least, Kahlua slowly extended her muzzle to the mare's shoulder, all fears of the mare's blood-dipped horn vanished. She blew a warm puff of air, trying to touch the mare's skin as she did so. “I... I did not see you there,” she began hesitantly, though her vioce gained some strength as she continued. “But... I... I forgive you. And I'm sure Laila does too.” Suddenly realizing she may not be wanted across the borders, she added quickly, “I'll step back if you want."
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-05-2013, 07:42 PM