the Rift

[OPEN] Unlikely

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Friend?
For a while, the painted damsel seemed uneasy, yet as words escaped the pale mares lips, the smaller creature seemed more inclined to relax. It was not noticeable at first, and Artemis was so distracted by her own thoughts that she barely realized that the stranger had slowly allowed fear to melt from her as slowly and as visibly as the mist had.Even so, the land has been pretty to see, she commented, and the unicorn managed a small dip of the head. The hills were beautiful, no one could deny that. World's Edge, a herd she had been so close to joining herself, had been beautiful also, however she had not been able to enjoy the view when her vision had been clouded by guilt and war. She also wished so could see it again when it was no longer tainted by blood, but just as Kahlua had been frightened of her, she assumed the rest would have similar views. She was an ex-mercenary who had battered a mere filly because she was ordered to do so. That made her a bad person, did it not?

No, she would never, and could never, return to that place in times of peace. It would likely trigger a fight, if not a war. It was not worth it, even if it might cleanse the memories of that place in her mind.

As she spoke of Laila, she did not realize that the painted mare was approaching until she felt something brush against her shoulder. She span her head, stopping suddenly for fear she might accidentally injure the patchwork princess with her horn, instead throwing her head back. Artemis was not accustomed to touch, and even the faint touch of Apollo's horn during the healing process had bothered her. She took a sudden step back, ears pressed back over her skull. Touch to Artemis was a sacred, if not utterly frightening, thing. To touch was reserved for war and war alone. Her people touched only to shed blood, or to spread their DNA. Yet as she took two strides back, she felt herself calm and threw an apologetic glance toward the stranger. it had been unexpected, but at least her horn had stayed well away from her. She recalled having threatened Castiel when he had tried touching her, and others too. Kahlua was lucky, really, that Artemis was beginning to mellow. Sort of. "No, no, ts fine. I just... Sorry...I..." Clearly flustered, she shook her mane and took a deep breath, exhaling through flared nostrils. "Touch, is not something I am accustomed to. I apologize. You were not to know." She explained, voice as soft as usual, yet strained, hoping she would not be judged for her oddities. "It is probably best you do not wander closer. You are no threat to my people, however I cannot allow you further into our home." She spoke, regaining some semblance of honor, hopefully, as her formal words flooded back to her, replacing the stuttering, jabbering mumbles. "Laila will never forgive me, of that I am certain. But I hope that one day, our lands may make peace. We no longer fight for the highest bidder. Our hearts and our lives are our own once more. Maybe one day, we might become allies, but for today, it is best you leave before I am labelled traitor." It was a half joke. She highly doubted that the Merciful would banish her for chatting to an innocent mare who poses little or no threat to the land. "Still, I hope I might call you friend, Kahlua of World's Edge."

ooc- Sorry for the fail post! <3
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-05-2013, 07:42 PM