the Rift

[OPEN] Unlikely

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
As Artemis threw her head around at her touch, Kahlua stumbled back a step in fright. As Artemis' ears fell back, so did Kahlua's. Still, Kahlua did take note that Artemis was careful to keep her horn far away, and for that she was grateful. Kahlua did not exactly understand the flailing. Social by nature, she was inclined to touch and cozy up to others whenever it seemed appropriate. Apparently, this mare thought differently. I should have known, Kahlua chastised herself. The mare had just introduced herself as warrior, certainly she would not be the type to cozy up to others. Still, despite reprimanding herself, there was really no way for the silly mare to know. She was not accustomed to thinking of such things before they happened, after all.

However, with Artemis' steps back and her gentle glance, Kahlua allowed her ears to raise off her head. Sorry, the other mare apologized, with a flurry of other words, and Kahlua instantly Kahlua felt bad. “No, I'm sorry,” she murmured quickly. She had only meant to comfort the other mare, give her peace in what had looked like a time of need. Kahlua was not one to judge others, though, and as the mare continued on to explain that she did not like touch, Kahlua stepped back again to give her more space if she desired. It is probably best you do not wander closer, Artemis continued on and Kahlua could not help but sigh. She was not meant for a world where everyone was so distrusting. It was not a sigh of frustration- she understood the white mare's position, after all- it was a sigh of sadness. When she had wandered across the Threshold of this land she had never expected to find a home in such a war-ridden, vicious earth. And, while she was really too clueless to be chronically plagued by the stress of such a living arrangement, she found sorrow in moments like this.

Laila will never forgive me, she continued, and Kahlua silently vowed to find this Laila and make her think differently. If there was anything on this earth she wanted to do besides gain some power, it was find peace. This was one small step she could take in that direction, she thought. However, her thoughts for peace were quickly set aside when the mare began divulging information about the Foothills motivations. We no longer fight for the highest bidder, she claimed, and Kahlua knew immediately that she would have to share this information with her higher ups. But who?

As she was asked to leave, Kahlua withdrew from her thinking and bobbed her head. She finished with a smile, as Artemis asked to call her friend. “Of course we're friends,” she said very matter-of-fact. “I will go, I don't wish to cause you trouble with your family.” She did not know if the Foothills called themselves family the way the Edge did, but she never thought that it could be any other way. “I won't forget to find Laila,” she said then, turning to go. After she trotted off a few steps, she turned back to the white mare one last time. “Forgive me for asking one more favor, but if you happen to see your Mason, will you put in a good word for me? I'm a crafter... perhaps we could collaborate, strengthen the bond between our herds?” She did not know if it was a worthwhile request, she had asked so much of this mare already, but networking was never a bad idea. "And," she started hesitantly one last time, "If you ever feel so inclined, come find me in my home. I will welcome you." With that, she thought again of the moon goddess and let the mists travel up and envelope her body, aiming back towards her homeland. Her hooves took her away at a silent canter, the mists once again providing her more stealthy travel.

OOC| Was not fail at all! I'm glad I got the chance to thread with you again ^.^
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Artemis - 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Unlikely - by Kahlua - 10-05-2013, 07:42 PM