the Rift

[OPEN] & When we are lost.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

I smile as the grasses begin to sing in the wind. Their quiet reassurance touching my heart as I stand so very still. My bicolored eyes watch them grow. Sly. My father is very sly.

I have little time to ponder the workings of my father, for the small voice of a girl can be heard over the surf of the ocean and the soft singing of the grasses at my hooves. Immediately I turn my head, twisting about to view who has caught me off guard, enjoying the green earth. Two-toned eyes are wide and flustered, and I gather my large figure to stand in attention. Large bronze hooves gracefully turn my form around, careful not to injure the grass that had grown at my feet.

The harp zings through the air as well, whispering about before halting at my side, a nervous melody spilling from the emerald green chords. "Uh..." I say, in response to her aptly curious question. Gazing at her face, I remember this girl. I had never been good with fillies, and, thus, just about every young lady I had ever encountered was ever engraved in my mind. Trauma does wonders for memorization of details.

I remember that she had been rather odd, an old soul, if I had ever seen one. The filly held an air of aged wisdom about her head, even if the crown itself would tip under that weight. No longer obscured by the darkness of the world, I come to appreciate the cresent of gold about her burnished features. Slack-jawed and caught off guard, I flutter my wings and gather my wits about me. I let an uneasy, sheepish smile flicker across my face.

"I left home," I begin, an easy enough explanation. Even this judgmental looking girl would understand that concept. "When I returned, the home I had known no longer existed." A bit sad of a statement, I think to myself. Just how long had I been harboring those sorts of feelings? I missed mother and Nuna. I missed home. However, the Foothills was no more my home than this island was - maybe less so. "Now, I am not really sure where to go."

Squinting at the girl with questioning eyes, I regain my stature as her elder in this situation. Who is she to interrogate me? Sure, a woman, which we all know I absolutely fail at speaking with. Still, I should have a little bit more pride... what being a God's son and all. "Why are you always out on your own?"

Hototo</style>
there will come soft rains.                 </style>

image credits

Messages In This Thread
& When we are lost. - by Hototo - 09-28-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Tandavi - 10-06-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Random Event - 10-07-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Hototo - 10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Tandavi - 10-18-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Hototo - 10-19-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: & When we are lost. - by Tandavi - 11-28-2013, 03:38 PM