the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Dreams

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
I think I was finally happy again. With Dezba on my back and my son next to me, I was finally happy. Both Azarel and my jag were growing ever so fast. Of course, my son was still a foal and had to learn how to control his body, but he could almost walk like an adult horse. And Dezba... She was sleeping on my still rather wide back and even snored a little.
The only thing missing was Destry. She was still in the Basin for all I knew and who was I to hope that she was still alive? I could only dream that she would be there when my mate and I came next time.
My gaze wandered over the meadow. The sky was black as coal with small twinkling diamonds and a white glowing eye. The night was something I was rather tired of since the sun came back yesterday. Oh, that morning had been wonderful. A shock - sure - but wonderful.

I sighed and took careful steps as I felt the meadow's soft grass against my legs. You never knew where the rabbits had dug their holes, or where the stones were laid out. I had to be careful to not put my hoof wrong and fall, while I also checked my son's every single step. He didn't know the world like I did yet, and I didn't want him to learn the hard way.
"Be careful, Azarel. You don't want to fall into a rabbit's hole." My voice was soft and calm, like it always was whenever I spoke to my foals.
Dezba moved on my back and I heard her yawn quietly, so my voice directed itself to her too.
"Lay still, my desired." She meowed with a complaining tone, but she did as I said and laid down more comfortably again.

I soon heard the river's flushing music and smiled. A memory snuck into my brain, of Lace and Fajira. The second time we had met, he had thrown himself in the river with no mercy at all. A smile wandered across my black lips and I giggled a little. Sure, I missed the stallion - but I didn't even know if he saw me as a friend anymore.
We hadn't met since the invasion - and that had not been a pleasurable sight. The smile disappeared and was replaced with a deep sigh. Azarel came closer to me and pushed his golden bodice closer to mine, making me stop. I lowered my head and nudged the colt on his yet flat forehead. To me, he was a miracle.
Destry had been a surprise - a happy one -, but Azarel was a miracle. I thought I only could have one foal in my life, but I had been so wrong. And this time I was happy to be wrong.

I turned my head again, towards the horizon, and watched the darkness drift away. A smile spread across my lips as I watched the sun rise. The morning had come once again. Sure, yesterday had been a shock, but I never figured that it was actually back. Azarel squinted his eyes and blinked as he accidentally looked straight into the ball of light, making me smile again. Dezba roared in delight, her interest for the light almost surprised me. It had been funnier yesterday though.
My thoughts drifted back to Lace and another sigh was heard from my lips. Lace and Fajira... I missed them, but he probably didn't miss me. I mean, we have met two times here on the Meadow and I saw him once more in battle. Of course he didn't see me as a friend, only as an unknown mare who happened to cross his path more than once.
At least that was what I thought he thought of me.
My son yawned and observed the sun rise higher, giving the sky beautiful colors. Red, orange, yellow, pink, purple... Beautiful sight for sore eyes. My gaze wasn't quite used to the sun yet.
It would be soon, but for now I had to get used to it once again.

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: For Lace only <3
word count: 692
DELINNE & DEZBA
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
Little Dreams - by Delinne - 09-29-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Little Dreams - by Lace - 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Delinne - 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: Little Dreams - by Delinne - 10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Lace - 10-06-2013, 12:40 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Delinne - 10-06-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Lace - 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Little Dreams - by Delinne - 11-17-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Little Dreams - by Lace - 11-25-2013, 08:09 AM