the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Dreams

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

She shrank back beneath the weight of his gaze, but for once he felt no prick of guilt tug at his soul. His connection to this mare was so week, so feeble and fleeting that he couldn't bring himself to feel more than tiredness as he looked upon her. Still, he remained where he was as she opened her mouth to speak, allowed her to deliver her story. In the beginning he started grazing again, expecting nothing but poor excuses and claims of ignorance... But as her tale dragged on the stallion found himself reluctantly captivated and returned his full attention at her.

The look in his eyes softened as tears began to roll down her cheeks. A short, hesitating step towards her was soon followed by a second, more determined one; then the gold-backed grullo closed the distance between then and reached out a velvet nose to brush away the glittering liquid from her face.

"You've had it rough" he said mildly, gentle teeth seeking to rub soothingly at the crest of her neck, should she allow it. "I'm sorry if I seemed cold. It has been a rough couple of seasons for us as well, and my faith in horses have... worn thin." He sighed and let the nose fall again, ebony hooves slowly carrying him around to her other side, where the little colt stood pressed against the dark side.

"Hello, Azarel. My name is Lace; I'm an old friend of your mothers. And a herd mate of all three of you, it seems." He gave the foal a smile and sent a rush of warm breath towards a frail shoulder, that quickly was blown away as the white dragon lowered herself on beating wings to perch on the stallions whithers.

Looking back up on the unicorn mare, the smile of the former glazier then faded, a look of seriousness replacing the gentle facade. "How long has it been since you had to leave your daughter?" he asked her even as a frown began to form around the molten eyes. "We'll have to see to getting her back, won't we..." He wasn't exactly hard pressed to help her, not if he could get a few blows in on the Basin at the same time. He had never been fond of the unicorns that lived there, and the more blows they dealt the Edge and their members the less he tried to remain fair to them.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread