the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Dreams

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"Not necessarily bad" he protested, not tactful enough to avoid contradicting a mother when educating her child. "Misguided, stubborn and simple-minded, yes, but not all of them are truly evil. But yes, it is wise to stay away from their lands - we don't want them bothering us, so we won't bother them." He gave the foal a kind smile, not sure how much of his words the little colt would understand. He was unaccustomed to children - had never been good at handling them, and while the years had granted him more patience he still felt awkward when faced with their small frames and innocent, hungry eyes that craved knowledge and adventure.

The smile lingered on his lips as he returned the gaze the the mother, a gentle silence lingering for a bit before he could respond to her worries. "What past?" he asked gently. "When did you wrong me, Delinne? When did you do something so horrible that I couldn't forgive or set our differences aside in order to help a child in need? The way I see it you were misguided when you followed the unicorns north, and I was sad to see you go. Much water has run through the rivers since then though, and you have already payed for your decision. Who am I to place stone on your burden then."

What saddened him most was the way she looked at him now, as if she couldn't believe that he actually would stand by his words. The things she must have gone through; it all but choked him from held back anger as he thought of the ice king and his actions, all the things he had to pay for. Who would bring justice to that stallion? Was there anyone strong enough, really? It was hard to think that Smoke had been able to get along with him, like she had told him in the beginning of the season - just before he decided to take a break from herd life. Was it she who was overly tolerant or the pale stallion who had a way with words, able to charm horses into believing him? Lace was inclined to believe both guesses had truth in them, and it only made him more determined not to forgive the man.

"Yes, I really will help you" he continued, sounding somewhat absent-minded as he spoke - distracted by his own broiling feelings as he was. "So, just... Don't do anything rash or overly bold. Let's get you safely joined into the herd first; that way we can request the aid of the warriors, maybe set the informants on the task as well. And when the time comes, I will go with you to the north, to bring your daughter back. Do we have an agreement?" A blink, and the eyes were clear and sharp again, meeting the gaze of the mare with penetrating strength that was both understanding and demanding. They had to do this right - or risk dragging the entire herd into danger, something the silvery steed simply couldn't risk.

As much as it pained him to admit it at times, he cared too much about the rag-tag bunch of oddballs too much to want to see them hurt.

@[Delinne]

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden