the Rift

[OPEN] It's Been Real

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni</style>
      if i fall, will you catch me?</style>

What it do. Strange. Onni's face pinches up in an uncertain expression, as though the words upon the little filly's lips made no sense to her. They really did not. She is tired, her brain slow, and so the unfamiliar grouping of syllbles makes her mind reel. Thankfully, just as she is about to drown in the awkwardness of her confusion, familiar hoof beats appear. Turning toward the approaching stallion, the shaman's eyes widen.

Cera. He had grown so tall, so broad. When had he transformed from the small foal she had revived into a full grown man? Onni realizes now more than ever that she is aging. The days of her youth will fade, and what will she have to show for it? Instead of growing depressed, she smiles. The life of this boy, strong and able, is the reason for her existence if nothing else. To save his life, she has earned hers. Bending into his touch, Onni nudges Cera's neck gently in welcoming. "It is good to see you."
Truly.

It seems the strange pony of a filly is known, an identity slapped onto her masked face. For a moment, Onni almost expects her to bravely swallow the discomfort that was written across her entire figure in response to Cera's question. Instead, her brashly honest response causes the brows of the pale face to raise, the shaman listening carefully to the words of the girl. Despite the tattered appearances of the young bodies around her, the mare begins to feel a little lighter.

Who gives a damn if the Sun does not return? If they are trapped in this hellish night forever, life continues. Days blend together, but there are those who keep you anchored in time. There are other things to live for after the light dims.

More surprise catches the painted girl just as she gets used to the strange lilt of Roskuld's voice. Lyhty is so startled by the sudden jilt of Onni's body that he rouses, chirping unhappily outward with glaring, beady eyes, as if to say, shut the hell up. The healer smiles in recognition. She remembers the girl now, barely old enough to travel on her own and already battling monsters. "I remember," she says calmly. "You fought bravely, miss."

"Why are you seeking things related to the Gods?"

image by redbeansandrice @ flickr.com</style>
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 09-29-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Cera - 10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Onni - 11-15-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: It's Been Real - by Cera - 11-19-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: It's Been Real - by Roskuld - 11-19-2013, 03:35 PM