the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Acceptance.
She smiled as well as she could toward the mare. Artemis was not used to the straining on her face, but she knew from watching others that a smile was always encouraging to strangers. The mare seemed to watch for her for a moment as if studying her, though perhaps she was wrong? Her own eyes drifted over the attractive mare, enjoying the brightly lit tones of her teal feathers that were vivid against the creamy-white background. Artemis was not attracted to mares, hell, she wasn't really attracted to anyone, but she could appreciate beauty when she saw it. She had often stared at her gruff, harsh reflection with dismal thoughts. She was considered ugly to many, she knew. The warrior tried not to show it, nor did she let it bother her, but deep down it stung. She was no dainty little princess. She never would be.

But did she really want to be?

Before the mare spoke, another figure slipped from the gloom. A rather handsome stallion stood before them, his long locks flowing down over muscled shoulders like frothy waterfalls, tumbling halfway toward the earth. Her own hair was equally long and wild, yet she tamed it with her thick plait. She wondered to herself how he managed that amount of hair without restraining it, somehow.

He greeted them warmly enough, complimenting her name. She turned away almost shyly, embarrassed by the comment. Pretty was nothing commonly associated with her, and though he only referred to her name, it was nice. His silky words seemed to darken, however, if only to Artemis' ears when he stated his homeland. The Asylum? She turned back, narrowing her eyes and tensing her muscles. She had nothing against outcasts, nor other herds. Hell, she was friends with the 'Assassin', Harmony, yet the Asylum gave her the creeps. She had only heard quiet whispers of the herd, and until now she thought of them as ghosts - myths born of the fears of children. Maybe they were perfectly nice. maybe she was being judgmental. She had long learnt not to judge so she did not get aggressive, but her ear did twitch nervously and her thick set neck arched proudly.

She turned back to the mare and listened to her words. "I frequent here often. I like it here, though I guess the real reason anyone comes here is became newcomers stumble through this forest frequently. I come to offer a home in the Foothills to those in need of it." She smiled, glancing sideways toward the outcast. "I assume sir Arlo is here for a similar reason?" She stated also, shifting from one foot to the other. "So, if it pleases you, I formally invite you to see my homeland. Our leader Apollo is very kind, and accepts those from any background."
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM