the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Acceptance.
She eyed the stallion with caution. True, she knew little of those who lurked in the marshes, and nor did she wish to find out. All Artemis knew of them was that they were a threat to her family. Something was off about the stallion that she couldn't place, but if he was a part of that 'family', he had to have a screw or two loose. Strange, considering he was acting quite the gentleman toward the 'pretty lady'. She glanced toward the pegasus. She was a pretty young thing, unlike her own larger, scarred frame. She wasn't so sure why that irked her. She had never been the jealous type, though she supposed it had something to do with Storm.

But now was not the time to worry about Tharos's ex-mate, or one night stand, or whatever she had been. Beside, she and Tharos were just friends. Nothing more. It was evident he only liked pretty little faces.

She glanced back toward the muzzle of the stag as he spoke. He told her not to call him 'sir', which oddly reminded her of Apollo as he had done just the same. 'Don't call me, Lord, for that is not what I am to you. Call me brother,' she smiled slightly at the thought, and thus also to his words as she eased slightly. She knew better than to let her guard down, but her head lowered slightly. Yet it was his next words that diminished her resolve and forced the warrior to flush like a filly. Beautiful, that word again. Her eyes glanced toward the pale painted face, slightly confused as to why the word was associated with herself and not the dainty mare, though in the back of her mind she simply put it down to flattery. Still, Artemis found herself clearing her throat nervously, finding her sights pinned to the newcomer.

till, the fact that he seemed reluctant to return home bothered her more than he should. She didn't show this, not reacting to those words, and once the mare accepted her offer the porcelain mare turned to lead her home. But the pretty thing did not turn to follow, instead questioning Arlo. With a soft sigh, she turned back over her shoulder, flicking her banner in mild irritation. The mare was a friendly creature, smiling and she gave Artemis the impression that she was the 'eternal optimist' type. It was a nice change. The Foothills needed some more smiles. Still, she bothered Artemis with her words and she arched her head proudly. "Not worried, miss. Prepared. I have no qualms with his people, but I have heard rumors." No need to hide that, really. She turned to Arlo, avoiding his gaze. "Though what Parelia says is true enough. Why not simply leave?" She had no right asking that and she knew it. She had doubts about her place before, yet had never abandoned her family. Now, she stood loyal and true as a General of the herd, of Apollo's herd. Never would she leave her family. She turned away. "My apologies si-...Arlo. Though you seem decent enough. If you ever have doubts, I am sure the Foothills would gladly accommodate you." She said, turning away and signalling for the pagasus to leave, though patient enough to wait if she wished to further converse with Arlo.

That stallion was... interesting. She turned over her shoulder to nod a farewell.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM