the Rift

Accept me as I am[open]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Acceptance.
Her head was overturned over broad shoulders, quietly observing the pair with ears poised forwards and eyes glancing over the pectorals of the stallion. Wy he had called her such foreign, meaningless words was beyond her, yet she could not lie to herself. The words had warmed her cheeks as well as her heart. It was an odd feelings, one that the mare had yet to experience. In her birth land, stallions had been illusive to her, for she had lived a solitary life but for the one beating heart belonging to her mother. Together the females had survived alone. Her mother had been a brash woman; as spontaneous and violent as the snow caps that surrounded them. That was not to say she was a cruel parent, she was nothing of the sort, yet she raised her daughter to be a fighter, to be a survivor, so that when her own life ended, her daughter would not become the toy she herself had once been. Her mother had refused to be a prize for stallions, to be fought for and won, and she had taught Artemis to protect herself from the lustful gazes of men, yet in this land the stallions were rarely brutish and wild as those from her homeland, so these words they spread confused her.

Apollo refusing to be labelled 'lord' despite his status, instead longing only to be referenced as 'brother', Tharos, who called himself her mate (albeit accidentally) though the word had little meaning to the snow queen, now Arlo with his words of beauty.

This was nothing of the tales her mother had spun, yet as confused as she was, she was glad of it.

She listened carefully to his words as he addressed the little dove and she nodded knowingly. Despite her initial doubts of the Foothills, the nature of her family had changed from servants of war to self preservation and kindness under the new rule of the Merciful. She felt now a determinate and a duty to protect those who fell under Apollo's lead and though she was neither a leader nor as close to Apollo as others, she felt a strong sense of loyalty toward him. He truly was her brother in heart, and if Arlo's feelings of family were as strong as the bonds Artemis was forming, she knew why he could not leave no matter what doubts plagued him.

Yet something bothered her. He spoke of danger, as if this family he seemed to be loyal to would turn against their own kin if they stepped out of line. Her expression remained neutral, yet her eyes seemed to darken. She made a silent pledge, though she barely knew why, that if this stallion ever changed his mind she would protect him from these so called dangers. Artemis knew not what he meant by it, but she was brave. She would fight for those who needed to be four for, and though he appeared strong in body, she wondered if he feared this family enough to be noble to fight for his win freedom.

And as she made that mental vow, he made his own spoken promise and her gaze softened slightly. Thou he was simply a stranger, she found herself believing his words. Her mother might have told her not to be foolish, that you should never trust the tainted words of a stallion, but Artemis paid no heed to the phantoms silent advice. He seemed honest in his words, though it was a known fact that Artemis was not renouned for her ability to read others.

She sighed softly and as she did so, his attentions turned directly to her. Her eyes flickered down toward the earth, though her ears were poised toward his voice. She nodded silently. She had to take the pretty dove home, far from whatever haunted place this stallion found himself caged within. Her head twisted to turn from him, to take his advice and leave, yet before she managed to take a step, his words froze her.

He would like to see her again? She glanced back once more, eyes raising as high as they dared; directed upon his muzzle. The doubt and confusion was easy to read upon her face as he lips parted to speak. For a moment, words did not emerge as he mind whirred and buzzed, calculating an appropriate answer. "Everything is possible." She replied quietly, uncharacteristally cryptic for a moment before she managed a faint smile. "Tell me where to find you and I will come. When, I cannot say, but you have my word". She hesitated, awaiting the place. Once he told her she simply nodded, turning her back to him once again and setting off at a slow walk.

Yet something bothered her. She paused before the darkness of the forest consumed her. "And Arlo, this danger you say follows you? Whatever it is, I assure you, I can fight it." There, that sounded more like herself. She smiled a private smile and continued to move until her form was swallowed up by the trees.
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 09-30-2013, 01:59 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-06-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Artemis - 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-02-2013, 03:55 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Parelia - 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Accept me as I am[open] - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 08:09 AM