the Rift

Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I become aware of the fact that she sees me as a monster, but it brings me no displeasure. Others may see me however they choose, and it is their issue. They've their own bridges to build, cross, and burn- I remain on my own side. The river Styx divides us, but I've no desire to cross. Should any other, I'm glad to help; I've simply no guarantees that they won't drown on the way over.

Thoughts of death lead to vivid imagery. I see the mare before me as no more than a pile of flesh and bones, picture her sockets empty as flies pick at the caverns within her sallow features. I see myself standing before her, leaning down and parting my lips for that one, tender kiss. The first taste of a fresh kill; the heat of the blood as it rushes over my gums and the snap of muscle as it rips between my teeth. She asks me in that moment if I would like to stay- or rather states, but I see it as a loaded question- mentions that I must leave the members of her herd unharmed. The illusionary scent of her blood fills my senses and the image of her corpse rotting in the hot desert sun invades my thinking.

My lips curl upward in a sickened smile, and beside me you turn your expression to one of sage understanding and flick your tail to signify agreement in your own manner. "Of course. We are hunters of the wild, crafters out of what nature supplies. What need have we for your flesh and blood?" I whisper in reply, lifting my brow and letting my handsome features appear almost coy. My tail, leonine and flexible, waves behind me like a cat's. Your eyes, a fiery orange, are the last sign of life between us. There is nothing natural left in me, and with the absence of life in my breast, I am revealed to have lost a sense of truth and lie, right and wrong.

I am right, yet at the same moment I understand that by my very existence, I am wrong. Still, is it right of me to think that? To know the wrong thing is right, to lie about what is the truth- are these really such grand sins after all?

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance] - by Kri - 08-08-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance] - by Kri - 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: Life of the Dead [Open] [Acceptance] - by Prometheus - 08-22-2012, 09:34 PM