the Rift

[OPEN] A maniacs new love song.

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
a r l o

I hadn’t been waiting long when an annoyance pulled himself from the depths. He was clearly neither of my commanders, and they were the only ones I had patience for today. I had seen him briefly before, when I had brought Circuta into our embrace, though I had yet to find out his name. Strangers were pests, and today was not the day to put up with mild irritants.

As he appeared from the shadows, it was clear he had more screws loose than I. He had a strange grin upon his maw that twisted his dial into odd proportions. He seemed strangely proud of the crown of flies and bugs that acted as a peculiar halo circling his head. His sigh mirrored my own, one of frustration and annoyance at my presence. Though, if he felt this way, then lord knows why he had made himself known to me.

His lyrics were barely audible, buts his voice could send a shiver down anyone’s spine, so much so that it caused my ears to pin back against my dial. So guttural, primitive and unappealing, much like the smile that remained stretched across his maw. He really had the look of the crazy, there was never going to be any doubt about his place within these marshes, or the Asylum itself.

“I am not so sure my questions have any bearing on your inconsequential role here, stranger. I would suggest you mind your own business.” My pools were flashing in annoyance at being interrupted, and my ivories were bared slightly, acting as a warning. “I have every right to demand answers from my commanders, as do others, but it doesn’t mean I have to answer to you.”

My short and sharp tone didn’t do the trick it would seem, as he continued with his twisted, mocking form of inquisition.

“It is not something that I pay a great amount of attention to, stranger. It would just so happen that I have taken an unexpected dip into the ocean, which is why I would appear vain today.”

This pest covered stallion was seriously starting to get on my nerves, I hoped at least one of my generals would arrive soon and put a stop to this.

“Pray tell me Skyrunner, is it? Where were you when we were called to defend the Throat?" Purposefully getting his name wrong, to try and hit the message home that he seriously wasn’t welcome, I pushed on with spitting my lyrics at him. “Oh you weren’t there? Then I suggest you don’t question my commitment to my family.”

Not a moment too soon, the strong notes of Seele entered my nostrils; finally I would have some welcome company, rather than the fly covered beast that stood, mocking before me. He might have the pre-requisites for joining our clutch, but I seriously doubted he could be of any use to us.

I listened as Seele acknowledged the both of us, and then turned her attention to me, asking where I had been, and what I needed to know.

“Greetings, commander. I hope I find you better from the last time I saw you? I left because I had a slight problem with those that lurk in the shadows of my psyche. But since then, I have been searching the threshold for new recruits and partaking in some training with Sonya. She is coming along nicely, though it has taken some time.”

I dipped my dial in respect for my commander, though I still couldn’t get used to following the lead of a vixen. Though I had to give her grudging respect, for she did it well.

“I am very interested to know what is next for our little collection.. I want to know what my place is in our next step, for I am ready.”

I was more than ready to take on more responsibility, to rise on through the ranks. I didn’t want to remain at the bottom with the dregs. With the ones that were too insane to be of any use to us whatsoever. With this though, I threw a quick glance of disgust at Skywalker.

" "
Fugue
671 words.
@[Seele] && @[Skywalker]

&CROWS WILL FLEE THE SCENE,
AS IF TO REMIND ME
HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I'VE SEEN A DOVE.

Messages In This Thread
A maniacs new love song. - by Arlo - 09-30-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Skywalker - 10-04-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Seele - 10-04-2013, 10:39 PM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Arlo - 10-07-2013, 05:15 AM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Skywalker - 10-10-2013, 05:44 PM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Eris_ - 10-11-2013, 03:15 AM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Circuta - 10-11-2013, 06:45 AM
RE: A maniacs new love song. - by Seele - 11-01-2013, 10:37 PM