the Rift

[PRIVATE] round and round [lakota]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Sapphire is more readily apparent under the constant heat and light of the sun, snowy spine unable to be bleached further, but in this intense exchange of words the only heat she knows is the one of Ktulu's words. Appearance is nothing to her, as it is, and in this confrontation there is even less care for it. Lakota's face goes hard as the insults are spat from her ex-Chieftess' lips, head going high and proud as if to make up for the hurt she feels. If she will be insulted, she will take it with the grace born inside her veins long ago. The cold tone of Ktulu's voice is like glass to the heart, and she flinches, unable to hide it. Her ears flatten violently into her mane, teeth gritting until her jaw muscles twinge with pain. "You haven't been around enough for me to know you, Ktulu." Her own words are just as venomous, but it is only to protect herself, because her heart feels as if it's being torn to shreds. Words are her quills, springing up in defense like a porcupine.

Tears are fast to prick at the edges of her eyes, the anger and hatred in Ktulu's visage whirling her emotions into a volatile mixture of fury and agony. Gravity is helpless against her willpower, for she narrows her eyes and refuses to let them fall. Ktulu sure was suave, wasn't she? Yes, let us shout and insult the person we supposedly love, in order to assure said person of the emotion. Clearly Eytan had something to say about it, for Ktulu's head jerked and her rubies flickered down to her chocolate companion. Lakota took this chance to back up, not wanting to be so close like she had before, because suddenly this was turning into torture and not comfort.

And suddenly she was pissed, anger bubbling like hot lava inside her stomach, spitting out of her throat and scalding her lips and tongue as the devilish words shot past them. "How? How?! Maybe because I fucking watched as you held your newborn, as you touched him, as you smiled at him! I watched as he stared at you like you were the fucking sun he revolved around, as he put his heart out there for you to hold safe! Every second, I witnessed it, and I watched as you returned every single bit of it! So don't ask me, don't even dare, because I was there Ktulu! I was there, and you ripped my heart out, pranced around it, stomped on it, and walked away laughing into the arms of someone I can never compete with!!"

Shaking, she only calmed when Aodaun pressed hard and solid against her leg, and she took a deep breath. Clearing her throat she shifted uncomfortably in the dry grass, relaxing the tense clutch beneath her jaw, barely able to swallow or breathe. "You may have grown apart...I do not doubt your own feelings Ktulu...but what of him? What of his heart, his feelings? I may be your shadow, but I do not pry, it is not in my nature. I don't know if things were ended, how am I supposed to react, what am I supposed to think?" It is weaker, trodden on, as if she has given up. Of course she doesn't doubt Ktulu's love, not now, but what of Midas? Could Lakota hurt his pure soul, the one she'd seen shining out of his eyes, in order to achieve her own selfish happiness?

The rest of the words, Lakota does nothing but take, accepting them like a whooped dog would a punishing blow. "I never said I was prolific in my knowledge of love, Ktulu. The only one I ever had was killed in front of me, and I was young and stupid then. I don't see why you're chasing after someone like...well, like me," she laughs, self-deprecating and unsure. Gods, what was her problem? Everything, her mind laughs back at her, cruel and painful. She was fucked up and broken and Ktulu was just going to cut every piece of her beautiful flesh trying to put her back together.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
round and round [lakota] - by Ktulu - 09-30-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Lakota - 10-05-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Ktulu - 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Lakota - 10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Ktulu - 10-21-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Lakota - 11-01-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Ktulu - 11-03-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Lakota - 11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Ktulu - 11-22-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: round and round [lakota] - by Lakota - 11-26-2013, 11:26 PM