the Rift

[OPEN] ...And Something Else Deep

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I had finally left behind the wasteland and heat. So many seasons after I fought that hellish lizardzilla I finally found grass underneath my hooves, and trees that reached above me, tall and fragrant and all that good mess. It was epic, let me tell you. I didn’t know how much I missed this temperate kind of climate, but now I’m here, and my chest is aching in all sorts of beautiful ways that I can’t…I can’t even, okay.

Yeah, I ran here. It’s what I do—I run, and I think, and I run some more. The sun was up; the void in the universe was gone, and that could only mean Daddy and the Other Gods were back in action. I…still didn’t know how to feel about that. Okay, sure, the weight of the world was off my shoulders for a time, but the idea of facing my father scared the ever living shit out of me. I’m not even ashamed to admit that; my father, the all-powerful master of Time and Shock, expecting things from me I didn’t even know how to deliver. What…do you say to a guy like that? ‘Hey, I spent almost four weeks in a desert because I’m dermb and exhausted myself and almost died. Look at this knarly scar.’ Yeah, that should go over well, I’m sure.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, at any rate. I stopped running for a time, giving my body a rest, regardless of whatever incessant pool of energy I thought I had. I ate actual grass and drank really real water and had myself a merry time, despite whatever the hell was crushing my chest. It smelled like home—too much like home. Ma, Auntie, Mesec, Jiji……Jiji. Okay, yeah, it smelled like her.

Should I go see them? I had left the Foothills in total darkness without a word of goodbye to anyone, except maybe Bro, and I don’t count that because there was a lot of nasty crying on my end and we’re not gonna talk about that, ‘kay? I grazed in the nooks between two very old oak trees indeed, allowing the quiet of this huge-ass forest surround me, sedate me, wrap me in a blankie that protected me from all my worries for just a little while. I would face my Dad when I faced him; there was nothing to do but wait, because time was moving again, and it was washing me downstream to my fate.

I still couldn’t stop thinking about Jiji though.

@[Ranjiri]
Roskuld</style>

Messages In This Thread
...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-04-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-22-2013, 01:58 PM