the Rift

[OPEN] ...And Something Else Deep

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

"You know I love you too, right?"

I did know it, but it still felt so good to actually hear the words come out of your mouth because I know you and that's just not something you say to anyone. I don't think you understood then or even now just how much it meant and how happy it made me. Even before that, the sound of your laughter echoing in the forest and resonating within my very being, brought a smile to my face and more tears to my eyes. Happy tears, mind you. I was still pretty thankful that you couldn't exactly see my face because you wouldn't understand it. I laughed along with you for some time, finally happy that I could let go of the anger I had felt toward you for leaving the way I did. I felt lighter and more free than I had in months.

But, you know what they say. All good things come to an end, and it certainly did. I think its a record for how fast the mood shifted from happiness to seriousness and sadness. When you pulled away from me and looked at me the way you did my smile faded quickly and I grew concerned. I knew in my heart that you would be leaving me again. Already. We had only just found each other again and we were already going to be separated. For what? Some sense that you were supposed to explore Helovia?

My eyes dropped from your face to the ground and I stared at it, willing the tears to not come again. I was already tired of crying and being a big emotional crybaby, but I guess that happens when you find someone important to you only to lose them again. I sucked it up, though. I took a breath and let it out slowly and lifted my head so my gaze found yours again. "Everyone's gone." I said, my voice flat. "Nuca ... Hototo." I corrected when it dawned on me that you might not know my brother as Nuca. "My Momma, your Momma, Circe, Archibald." I listed just off the top of my head. The herd that I had grown up in had changed and I didn't even know if I fit in there anymore. I felt like I was getting stared at and judged because my mother gave up her leadership and left the Foothills behind to start a new chapter of her life.

No, I knew I didn't fit in.

"Unless...?"

I didn't even realize I had looked down at the ground again, but when I looked up my gaze met yours and it was like I knew exactly what you were thinking. "Unless.... I go with you?" I asked.

@[Roskuld]

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-04-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Ranjiri - 10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: ...And Something Else Deep - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 10:32 PM