the Rift

[PRIVATE] Who is the Light and Who is the Devil?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

While perfectly capable of navigating his way through any mass of land or sea, Torleik had to admit he was a little off kilter at the moment. It seemed impossible to travel anywhere here without running into fools, crazies, or those who would sidetrack him without real reason. This irked him, greatly.

He was on a journey, and he wanted to make it to his destination. Was that too much to ask?

At the moment, he was somewhat turned around due to the tall grass he'd found himself in for the past two hours. At least he could tell time by the sun now, but it was difficult to get a good grasp of the landmarks he used to navigate, or to be sure he had gone in a straight line with this expanse of unbroken, undulating foliage. Annoyed, Torleik had put his head down and simply forged forward - because of this, he was highly surprised when he suddenly burst forth from the grass and found himself on a flat plain of ground that would have been ugly, had his eyes not immediately caught the glittering gemstones that lay scattered about in the clay-like soil.

His interest in this was short lived as he lifted his head and felt his throat close violently, his heart lurch in a vicious thud against his chest and his limbs go leaden with a dead-nerve tingle.

Fire.

So much fire.

He was paralyzed, rooted to the spot, glacial eyes wide and fixed on the eternally burning hole in the heartland of Helovia. Torleik could not properly summon his logic to tell himself what his eyes were seeing, that this fire was not spreading, that it was confined to the gaping hole in the ground.

His eyes were seeing what was in front of him, but the mental picture reel in his head was blocking such sensory input. In his mind's eye, he was watching his village burn. Torleik felt the heat from the fire - the real fire - and it burned so intensely, amplified by his scarred memories, made worse by the emotional pain the sensation summoned.

The screams in his ears - so loud, the crackle and pop of the fire, the roar of its consumption...

The stallion was utterly caught in his own personal hell, oblivious to any who might come upon him.

@[Seiren]

TORLEIK

"Put me back together or separate the skin from bone. Leave me all the pieces, then you can leave me alone. Tell me the reality is better than the dream - but I found out the hard way: nothing is what it seems!"

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Who is the Light and Who is the Devil? - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 04:51 PM