the Rift

[PRIVATE] Who is the Light and Who is the Devil?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

The mare's agitation registered on the periphery of his senses and his sense of decorum attempted to rein his behavior in. He had offended her when he disagreed with her observation of the fire, he could hear that in her voice. A small frisson of guilt died quickly in his chest, still too ensorcelled by the undulating, serpentine motions of the fire in front of him. Torleik missed her forced smile, only culled from the flame's grasp when this mare's tone suddenly turned normal after a compliment. Her smile was small, but genuine.

What?

He felt like he'd just missed part of a secret signal. Focused on the female now, confusion overcoming his fire-terrors for the time being, Torleik's brows furrowed over glacial blues. "If I didn't care to know, I would not ask," he returned, ears angling back a little in annoyance. This mare was...unpredictable and blunt. Did he like that?

For some reason he was not privy to in her head, her eyes locked with his and Torleik gazed back bemused but intrigued. The stallion certainly did not vehemently desire her departure; he didn't particularly wish anyone to witness him in this state, but she was becoming a very welcome distraction. One that he needed. Needing others was not something he was wholly comfortable with but he silently clung to this dark mare for what it was worth, letting her bring him out of his dark place.

Her admission that she had nowhere else to be, thus she came here - he could not comprehend that. "Why in the nine hells would you come here?" he asked, incredulous, his words mirroring his thoughts. She queried as to his purpose for being here and in the brief pause between her sentences, he intended to answer. However, she followed with a playful, teasing moniker, and Torleik's brows drew up and together in amused surprise. He couldn't help but give a short laugh; her comedic timing had been flawless, and the 'grumpy' delivered with just the right amount of coy sarcasm.

Fine, then, he thought, returning her smirk with a lesser one of his own. Let her call me that. "I was informed the shrines to the gods are around here. I was going to visit them." Torleik's eyes looked over her once again and he swished his tail in something that was akin to anticipation. "Why haven't you anywhere else to be, Bullseye?" he rumbled, aware that was probably not the first (or hundredth) time she'd been called that, be it suited his purposes just the same if this was to be a code-named sort of encounter.

@[Seiren]

TORLEIK

"O woman!- In our hours of ease, uncertain, coy, and hard to please, and variable as the shade."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Light and Who is the Devil? - by Torleik - 11-01-2013, 03:10 AM