the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ghost

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K
It was clear that the mare was new to the area. She must have wandered, curious about the new world she had found herself in, and become lost among the dense fog and winding footpaths. There had been a time when he, too, did not know his way around Helovia. Over time, he had grown to recognize each rise and fall of the land and every bend in the shoreline. However, he was not totally familiar with the layout of his home. The Edge was one of the few places he had not yet been, as he had never had reason to visit the herd land. Unfortunately, if she was lost (which she seemed to be), he would be little help in guiding her home.

He nodded with a smile as she confirmed his suspicions. “It’s easy to get lost at first. But, there’s always a way home.” The rain began to fall as he spoke, dripping down through the thick layer of fog to soak into his dark hide. His coat twitched as the drops landed heavily on his back. He still hated the rain, how it soaked his body and stung his eyes. Freezing rain at higher altitudes was of course extremely unpleasant, as it would form an uneven layer of rime across his feathers and make flying difficult. Despite what an old friend had told him, despite her encouragement to view the precipitation with appreciation, he still resented the start of the downpour.

He laughed softly, more out of sympathy than ridicule. “I’m afraid I have no clue. But, I have acquired something of a natural sense of direction and I’m sure that, together, we can get you home,” he smiled softly, glancing toward the south, back toward the path she had come up. He knew that the Edge was on the northern shores of Helovia, slightly to the west of the land bridge that connected the mainland to the Basin. It would be a long walk, several days at least, but of course much shorter to fly. However, it was likely that there was some well-worn path somewhere along the way that they could locate, and from there onwards, she could find her way home. He could grow to be an annoying travel companion after some time, anyways, and she would likely enjoy the journey more if she were allowed some peace and quiet.

"“If you’d like, I can try to help you find a path back to the Edge. If we start heading back the way you came, surely you will recognize something and you can find your way back from there.” He hesitated for a moment, sweeping his gaze across the pale skies, flooded with fog, down toward the hazy horizon line. The visibility was very low, and it would be almost impossible to fly, anyways. He stepped through the tall grass toward the path, sweeping a wing out from his side to indicate their direction of path as he flashed her a bright smile. "“It’s all downhill for the first while!” He did not often travel on foot, as it was rather impractical for him. However, his spindly legs could likely use the workout.

"talk talk talk"

@[Brisa]

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Ghost - by Murdock - 10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Ghost - by Brisa - 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Ghost - by Murdock - 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: Ghost - by Brisa - 10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Ghost - by Murdock - 11-04-2013, 08:16 PM