the Rift

[PRIVATE] Ghost

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K
Murdock brushed through the tall grass, making his way toward a worn trail that led down the side of the steep hill. He had never walked this path before, as he had never had reason to. Any travel he had done that exceeded a few meters was always done by air and many paths were unfamiliar to him. From the fields, he had no idea how to reach The Edge. He knew it was west of their position, and likely somewhat farther north as it was on the coast. From the air, it was likely he would be able to find it with little difficulty and in little time. However, following a labyrinth of paths through dark forest on foot would be an entirely different story.

“It’s my pleasure,” he called over his shoulder to the mare as he continued on down the path. “I only hope I can be of some help to you.” The ground sloped steeply downward before him, thick mist obscuring what lay below. The grass along the hillside was tall and coarse, pale wildflowers pushing up from the earth in various places alongside moss-covered boulders. It was a rather dreary looking place at the time, as low cloud was blotting out the sunlight and rain had begun to fall. Normally when he visited the fields, the sky was clear and blue and one could see every detail on the distant mountains. They did not have such a nice view today. Poor weather always soured his mood, but the task of navigating would likely take his mind off the wet and cold.

He continued to lead the way down the path as they descended the hill, picking their way around large rocks and sheer drop-offs as the path wound across the earth in sharp switchbacks. Whoever had thought to walk up this mountain in the first place must have been crazy. Through the mist, Murdock could see that the ground leveled off somewhat not too far ahead of them. His legs were aching from holding his body at such an angle, and a change in the incline of the land hopefully mean they were getting closer to the base of the hill.

His ears twisted back as she spoke, his head turned slightly so he could hear her over the sound of the wind and the hiss of the rain. He laughed with her, nodding slightly. “Yes, fortunately throughout my years I have gained a good sense of direction. However, it’s of little use when I don’t know the location of our destination.” The land leveled out somewhat as the trail veered to the left, and the mist was not quite so thick here. The air had a distinct chill to it, though, and he could tell they had come farther north. “Recognize this?” He asked, stepping off the trail into the tall grass as he turned to her.

The ground was relatively flat and smooth around them, the grass growing in uneven patches around the clearing. The tree line lay ahead of them, marking the beginning of the forest and the base of the mountain. There were little landmarks aside from the sharp curve of the path and the edge of the forest, which was made up mostly of coniferous trees. None of them stood out to him, though one of the taller pines had several branches missing off one side closer to the top. It was a minor detail, something one would not pick out unless they were looking for it. “This is probably the way you came. The path appears to lead farther into the forest. Do you think we’re headed the right way?”

"talk talk talk"

@[Brisa]

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Ghost - by Murdock - 10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Ghost - by Brisa - 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Ghost - by Murdock - 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: Ghost - by Brisa - 10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Ghost - by Murdock - 11-04-2013, 08:16 PM