the Rift

[JUDGED] A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

[[Battle starts, Aurora Basin, midday with full sun in the season of birdsong]]

The engineer flashed his tail beneath the bright light of the sun reflecting off of the snow, and he snorted a breath of white frost. Ulrik sighed a little petulantly when Torleik told him that the only reason Psyche gave up her title was because he "bitched" at her too much. "I would not expect wisdom to come from the lips of one who just arrived," Ulrik snapped pointedly, his bronze gaze glaring at Torleik in irritation. "Do you truly want a leader who spits her crown at the hooves of the first stallion to challenge her choices? Do you want a ruler to lead you into the oblivion of apathy and failure?" The Engineer snorted and stomped a hoof.

No shit he was unfit to rule. Ulrik explained his plans, and the stallion still had the gall to challenge him, and call out Deimos.

Deimos? A Tyrant? The gray stallion had not spoken but a few words! Ulrik's bronze expression hardened and his lips curled back in a sneer. "You are as ignorant as you are brave," the Engineer hissed tightly. "You, whom we invited into our home, myself and Deimos! Was it not we who invited you from the wandering in the Threshold. Was it not we who showed you the way? Was it not we who gave you refuge among our caves?" Ulrik's voice, normally graveled and thick rose to a new, furious pitch, having noticed that Torleik had emerged from one such opening in the mountains.

"You do not know a leader until he's lead, and Deimos had held the crown for less than a day. The same Deimos who gave you a home. I care not that you challenge me. I am unfit to rule, though I wish to make some adjustments before I step down," he murmured, his mad mind getting sidetracked. Ulrik's leonine tail flashed behind him with the rhythm of a cobra, and he nodded once, sternly. "I accept your challenge then, not to keep my place, but to ensure that Deimos keeps his." The hope Ulrik had in this herd lived with Deimos and Deimos alone.

The Engineer closed his eyes and breathed, blue prints and plans running behind his eyes in nanoseconds. As if summoned by a silent command, the once corrupted metal wolf rose from the snow, red, soulless eyes flickering on. Mechanical movement brought the machine closer and Ulrik's bronze eyes opened, displaying an entirely different, insane creature within. Kirchoff, the living, breathing babe of a hellhound, strode forward, his adolescent body now taking some form. The pup had grown some, though his paws were still much too large for his body, and his strange whitish eyes seemed to almost glow.

Ulrik, now justly armed with companion and magical creation, took stock of his opponent. They were almost evenly matched, though the engineer was built leaner and possessed cloven hooves. Each of them had two horns, but positioned differently along their skulls, but Ulrik had no fear. The stallion approached slowly, neck arched and nostrils flaring as he sized up his opponent, striking out with his foreleg in a warning gesture, hoof hitting the snow and spraying the ice outward. His muscular hips sidled almost sideways as he came closer, hocks snapping with action, prepared to dance if they were needed, and he tilted his horn toward his opponent's throat. The crazed engineer was willing to kill, even though the death of his own blood would be a tragedy.

Both the mechanical wolf and Kirchoff began to circle around the pair, if they were able, ready to attack from the opposite direction of Ulrik's focus as a tactical advantage. "Be safe, runt..." Ulrik muttered in his head to Kirchoff. Much to his chagrin, the pup had found a corner of his heart that still functioned.The hellhound merely rolled his eyes and snorted before summarily ignoring his brutish master, gaze focusing on Torleik now in a predatory way.

Finally, after moments of tension and Ulrik's physical warnings, the black and bronze stallion leaped forward, hind legs acting as a spring and toes splaying as he moved. The stallion curved his body to the right, dipping his arched neck and swinging his head to try and cut Torleik from the middle of his chest, around and up his shoulder if possible. His forelegs hit the ground a second later followed by his hind hooves which then bore his weight as he aimed to reach over Torleik's back and bite along the tender flesh of his opponent's spine, ivory fangs bared.

[[(761 words) | (1/4) | Magic use to revive his metal wolf
Ulrik has bravado as he approaches and strikes out without aiming at Torleik
Ulrik leaps forward, curves to the right and tries to cut Torleik with his horn
Once landed, he goes into a half-rear to try and bite Torleik along his spine]]

BRINGING YOU ANOTHER DISTURBING CREATION
from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference

Credits

Messages In This Thread
A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-02-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Torleik - 10-02-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM