the Rift

[JUDGED] A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

"I need ruminate on nothing," Torleik snapped in reply. "Refuge implies Deimos took me in out of the goodness of his heart. He did not offer me refuge. He offered a place to exist if I was willing to give him something in return." Torleik tossed his head slightly. "Prudent. But not an offer of refuge. Do not think you gave me a handout. I want nothing lest I have spent sweat obtaining it, including a place to sleep." The rabicano stallion understood more than Ulrik likely did the importance of a herd working together to survive. The Engineer was a loner by his own admission, content to exist on the fringes of the group rather than a true part of the whole. Torleik had been a respected male in his community, an integral part of who and what his people were and how they lived. Community, family, these things were close to his heart.

Their verbal exchange over, the battle began and Torleik quickly found himself in a three against one situation. The odds were not in his favor but his greater concern at that moment was Kirchoff’s participation in the battle. He knew he could not, with any semblance of clear conscience, strike the hellhound pup and injure him. His pleading seemingly reached the hellhound, however, and the pup took an observatory position on the outskirts of the battle. Now Torleik only had to deal with the metal wolf and the Engineer himself.

Two against one. Better odds. Ulrik attempted to pierce Torleik’s shoulder with his horn and succeeded marginally – though his attack utterly sacrificed any manner of defense the shaggy stallion might have had against the rabicano’s counterattack. Torleik’s neck felt the brunt of the impact when his two horns tore into Ulrik’s gut, and a painful strain followed when the stallion was brought down to the ground again – on top of his head. The Engineer rolled off moments later and Torleik snapped his head back up, left ear careening to the side when a strange noise reached his audits.

The damned metal beast. He had forgotten. Shit. Narrowing his eyes as the machine approached, Torleik knew he could not avoid this attack and that it would hurt; he braced himself for the pain. Sidling to the right and eliminating the opportunity for the machine to harm his forelegs, the dual-horned stallion prayed his hastily concocted plan would work – at least enough to get him away from the two of them at once. Gritting his teeth, Torleik utterly ignored Ulrik’s movements and concentrated fully on the timing of the Engineer’s mechanical wolf. This had to be done right. Just before the metal thing hit him, Torleik dropped his hindquarters and allowed his back half to go a little slack.

Instead of finding a lower, more vulnerable part of his leg the metal beast slammed into a meatier section of Torleik’s back left appendage. Everything happened in a tumble of flesh, metal, snow and blood. The demon’s decision to slacken his body contributed to the metal beast’s momentum carrying his back side around in the direction of Ulrik, sending the Engineer’s own contraption hurtling off Torleik’s body without finding anchoring purchase for his jaws. The cry of pain that followed was involuntary and much to Torleik’s chagrin, but he had never before experienced the agony of metal rending his flesh – and he was unprepared. The beast’s jaws had ripped jagged lines across his leg and they had gouged deep at the site of impact, painful punctures that bled.

To Ulrik’s credit, he was already close and trying to harm him again, but Torleik’s position had shifted from the machine’s attack as Ulrik had approached. As they stood now, Ulrik was nearest Torleik’s hindquarters on his healthy side at an angle – not quite parallel. If he did not act now, not only would the pain prevent him from moving but Ulrik would realize he had a better attack opportunity than merely scraping at his legs: he could jab his horn freely into Torleik’s right leg or right side. Fueled by desperation and his draining reserves of adrenaline, Torleik bucked and drew his hind legs into the air, kicking out viciously with his healthy right leg, attempting to catch Ulrik anywhere near the face.

This meant he landed harder on his injured leg and, for a moment, Torleik went down, growling audibly in pain. He scrambled to right himself and his eyes caught a glorious sight – the never-frozen lake in the Basin. Though every step was agony, he beat a calculated, hasty, limping retreat to the water’s edge, and turned to face his attackers once more.

Let Ulrik throw the mechanical beast at him again. Torleik would make sure the Engineer lost it in the water.

[[WC: (794) | (2/4)
- Ulrik's a fatty and his weight strains Torleik's neck a little.
- Ulrik's mechanical wolf attacks and hits, deeply puncturing Torleik's left hind leg upon site of impact. The rest of the wound is much more shallow, superficial tearing across the leg. The pain from this trumps his shoulder scrape at the moment.
- Torleik's single attack is to buck and attempt to catch Ulrik in the face with his healthy back right leg; the positional shift and this attack basically negate Ulrik's attempt to scrape Torleik's legs.
- Torleik then scoots to the edge of the Basin Lake to take a more tactical position, hoping to prevent further use of Ulrik's mechanical wolf.]]

TORLEIK

"I owe you nothing; I've given everything and more. I stand for something - the blood on my hands, the broken bones, I live it."

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-02-2013, 06:56 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Torleik - 10-02-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Torleik - 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-07-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: A Machine for Pigs [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 10-11-2013, 08:37 PM