the Rift

we will carry you there.

Caelia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The song of many birds above catches my attention, and with harks raised I lift my
dome to gaze upwards into the dark flock of creatures that take to the quickly turning
blue sky. It is with growing joy that the tar lips part to create a smile, this is the first
dawn since the beginning of time it seems. When has she last been able to see the ground which she walks,
the dangers and beauties that lurk in the forests? It seems to be centuries, and with the joy of the rebirth of the sun,
comes a wave of bitterness. It crashes over the expansion of my soul, washing away happiness as if it were loose
sand upon the beach. The bird brains had taken over my home, slaughtered my family and crippled my sister and I's
future. The unblessed ones, unpure, had gathered with jealousy at the border's of their homeland. When they were turned
away for what the divines had not given them, they began to riot in the streets. The army of her brother's and sisters
that had been built for war had responded with brute force, driven to murdering the fool's who would
blame them for their death's. And what choice had they given them, when they had marched to the doors and tried to take the lives of their family?
What choice had they been given, when they tried to murder my sister and myself? And still, the muddied line of the unblessed had went to the
cowards with wings that had pretended to be neutral to their faces and backstabbing thieves behind their backs.
I still remembered the stench of blood as my future city was destroyed, still remembered the screams.
I still remembered my parent's sacrifice, so that my sister and I would live. And now the cast out princesses- nay, queens since the death
of her mother, were lost in the shadow's that fled from the land as the sun began to make it's
slow rise into her vision. It was difficult not to simply gaze at it's glory, after so long of being in the company of the moon.
I needed to find my sister. They mustn't have taken her, though the thought made me even bitterer.
I had lost her, after all, in the chaos.

I also needed to find other's, other's who were like them; pure in heart and body, blessed by the
divine's. It was essential for me to find a home, for the wilderness was not suited to one
such as she. She was meant to be in a kingdom, among the purebreds. She was
not meant to scavenge the darkness as a vulture. Vultures - hilarious, the bird brains were all vultures.
They would pay for their crimes against my people, my family. They would beg her for mercy,
and I would cut out their hearts as trophies for her victory.
I paused next to a body of water, and my crimson eyes peeked out behind my
silvery forelock. cursing the forest around me as if it was it's fault for my troubles.
With a elegant dip of my head, I took a slow, long, satisfying gulp of water; feeling it's
cooling life liquids slide down the back of my throat. I sighed, before gazing into the never-ending forest.
I was sick of walking. The mile's stretched on, painfully slow.
"To stay, or not to stay, to rest, or not to rest.." My lyrics escaped my maw, liquid dripping down into the pond below.
It created ripples across the surface, and my crimson orbs turned back to gaze into it's depths, as if the
water held my answers for me.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
we will carry you there. - by Caelia - 10-03-2013, 06:08 AM
RE: we will carry you there. - by Illynx - 10-03-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: we will carry you there. - by Caelia - 10-05-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: we will carry you there. - by Illynx - 10-07-2013, 09:47 AM