the Rift

[OPEN] Am I A Good Man? Am I A Mad Man?[OPEN]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
[Image: 9GuZuBt.png]

To Ghost, he was an endless pool of intrigue. The more he answered the more she wanted to ask more questions, but time was rolling on and she was becoming conscious of taking up more of this strangers time without prior permission. It was a strange feeling, like she had a clock hovering above her, an odd sense of worry that she was perhaps annoying him. Was this what they called insecure? Surely not. Not Ghost. At least, that was what she kept telling herself. Why would a little transparent thing like her have insecurities, but what she hadn't realized, was that all these questions were her insecurities. This dusky bull was laying her bare through simple conversation only, thinking on it later, perhaps the lost young belle would find her way again from his calm guidance. If there was a way to be found. She listened to him without interrupting, taking in all of his words, contemplating passion and inwardly she shook her head. No, she’d never felt anything like fire inside before, it made her heart beat in powerful longing.

She looked at him properly for the first time, focusing her mind on foreign things whilst he spoke about attachment, what was it she felt when she saw him? If she was to feel something for this stallion what would it be? Sadness or was it loneliness, the way his words poured out as he expressed his desire for distance when forming bonds, if he formed them at all. The last word that came to mind was wise, though most horses may have said the same things or laughed at the words the stallion spoke, this was the first time Ghost had ever had a conversation with another. The first time she’d let someone this close to her. His words, his expressions, his walk echoed around her mind, so wise seemed fitting.

Finally, the cardinal blushed stud finished with a question of his own and Ghost stared blankly for a moment, contemplating before finally she returned to meet his gaze. A new kind of steel to her shadowed eyes, but she didn’t immediately answer his question, for she did not yet know the answer herself. Instead, the femme returned to an earlier remark with a thought, "Do you live by yourself? Or do you belong somewhere? With someone? I know I have family who reside in herds, though I do not understand the appeal." Outcast from her birth herd, before she could even talk, Ghost had never contemplated trying to go back. She had no need nor desire to. "I'm not sure I belong anywhere, perhaps these emotions might keep me company." It was a vague answer to his last question. Could emotions even keep one company? They seemed to have enough life of their own to do so, though Ghost could not be sure. Again, it was something she’d never thought about.

She felt that feeling of apprehension return, noting that she was asking many questions again without even thinking and the steel in her gaze melted a little to a more uncertain one. She had one more question to ask, just one, would he mind? Part of her screamed, did it really matter? She went with that for now, not having the will to confront her uncertainty and instead went with boldness. "What do they call you?"

[@[Vulture] gah sorry for the late reply selkie dear! <33]

GHOST.

Everyday I feel the same
Stuck, and I can never change
Sucked into a black balloon
Spat into an empty room

neal.flickr.com
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3