the Rift

[DROP] From the Center of the Earth

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The turtle looks up at the three who arrived, starting with the first. He tried not to judge the book by its cover because the cover had strange markings that spoke of darkness and not the light from which this child had emerged. Even though the earth turtle was a staunch friend of the God of the Earth, he appreciated the light for what it did for the land. The Sun and the Earth existed in a beautiful symbiosis, but the Moon Goddess was an entirely different magic all together.

Perhaps it was shortsighted-ness that brought his dislike of the dark, but either way, he would try not to be so prejudiced against the stallion who nearly burned off his whiskers trying to nudge the orb. At least the massive male had the humility to ask questions. "I believe its parents must have abandoned it when they moved nests," the Earth turtle rumbled thoughtfully. "Someone will have to take care of it, but that someone is not me." He grunted. "I am too old for children."

The turtle looked as the mare approached, and he waved her off with a click of his beak. "I am fine, but this babe needs a caretaker." A final pegasus approached, and he nodded to her in recognition, rewarding her silence with silence. He respected quiet - it was a luxury most of the time.

"I suppose we will have to see which of you deserves to care for this fireball," he grumbled. "The egg is yet young. Go to a nearby land - one this is your favorite, and bring back a prize that you think it would enjoy to eat, play with, whatever. I need to know that you will care for it properly."

[[You have 72 hours to create a thread in another board describing your character gathering/picking up/forging/etc (or requesting a craft item be made). Then, write a response here to drop off the gift IC!]]

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Messages In This Thread
From the Center of the Earth - by Random Event - 10-04-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Torleik - 10-04-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Hotaru - 10-04-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Ampere - 10-06-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Random Event - 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Ampere - 10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Torleik - 10-10-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Hotaru - 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Ampere - 10-21-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: From the Center of the Earth - by Torleik - 10-22-2013, 10:36 PM