the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bless me, for I have sinned

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

"Huyana!" The masked head lifted in a jerk as the soft voice interrupted the silence, and with a look of surprise on his face the stallion let his gaze take in the frame of the rain-colored mare. She was the last horse he had expected to see at that moment, especially not in such a manner. How had he not noticed when she arrived? Or had she simply emerged from the deep oceans, summoned by his misery to deal reprimands and comfort?

It could hardly be that convenient.

He shuffled the feet where he stood, allowing a silence to drag out between them. It went without saying that she must have heard his musings, considering the words she chose to reply with, and it made the grullo feel embarrassed. Was it not enough that he troubled the gods, whether present or not, with his insufficiency; was he to place the burdens of his own idiocy on the lithe shoulders of this gentle soul as well?

She appeared to have enough to carry as it was. Gilded orbs roamed over her frame and came to rest on the bulging sides, the tell-tale swell of her belly revealing what words could not hide. An ear twitched under yet another wave of surprise, and not for the first time Lace realized how little he knew about this elusive mare.

"Congratulations" he murmured, gesturing with a velvet nose towards her pregnant self. A step to the side served as a silent invitation to come closer if she so wished; the stud was not one to chase away his friends - at least not without a very good reason, he added bitterly to himself. "Who is the lucky stallion?" Of course it didn't have anything to do with him who she chose to bed. The topic was perhaps a sensitive one, but Lace much preferred to try and keep the conversation away from himself. Whether it would work or not would remain to be seen, but at least he managed to keep himself from bearing his red, bleeding heart to this wisp of a lady who came and went so erratically in his life.

Dim vales- and shadowy floods-
And cloudy-looking woods,
Whose forms we can't discover
For the tears that drip all over!
Huge moons there wax and wane-
Again- again- again-
- bg - table - image -
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread