the Rift

[OPEN] Wherever your heart resides.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

I am tired of playing hide and seek for my parents, really. Father is no where to be found, and I am without a quest. Mother, well, mother has been missing for a while. I suppose it is my fault for not visiting home soon enough, but now I am slightly at a loss. Am I to make the Foothills out to be my home, when my family is no longer awaiting me there? What ties do I have to that land without mother or Nuna?

Very little, which would be why I left in the first place.

Now, the rain pours down from above, showering the earth with much needed water. The spring showers making for brightly colored flowers, lighting up against the dreary grey skies. Water, however, is somewhat of a natural enemy to most birds. Why? When feathers get wet, they become heavy and worthless. Mine, at the moment, are clinging so tightly to the skin that I can hardly breathe under their weight. Okay, so I am exaggerating a bit, but still - they are heavy. My strong, muscled legs pull me forward despite the mud forming under the grass.

I am a vagabond now, with no home to return to. I have little option but to seek out Midas in the Dragon's Throat, for surely he will know where mother is. I should have done that sooner, instead of trying to speak to my father. I figured the Earth God would know, but, ultimately, I forgot that he is also very busy. With spring in full swing, flowers were blossoming everywhere, grasses growing richer, and that was no miracle. That is the work of a God, kind and strong in his influence. I smile, despite water dripping from my chin and splashing against my bronze hooves as I walk.

My flowing silver mane and tail are drenched, clinging to my face and neck, my tail dragging like a heavy rope behind me on the floor. Despite how fast my limbs are growing these days, my tail always manages to be just that much ahead, making for a largely annoying amount of instances where I get stuck on tree trunks by my tail. Some day, I would learn the fine art to avoid such circumstances, but I am still to young now to know better.

Despite how annoyed I have sounded thus far, I am actually in a fairly bright mood despite the gloomy weather. In fact, I am humming a little tune to mimic what I think rain sounds like. The magical harp which hovers so strangely around me plays in time, mirroring my intentions without me having to direct the little instrument. My harp is not a living being, but it has kept me company for a while now. I even catch myself talking to it at times, and though that makes me feel a little crazy, what else am I to do?

My loved ones are strung out across this massive land, many of which I cannot seem to locate no matter how hard I try. Maybe my luck will start to look up.
I hope so.

@[Ktulu] <3

Art by Krazie!</style>

Messages In This Thread
Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-05-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Hototo - 11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: Wherever your heart resides. - by Ktulu - 11-13-2013, 10:17 PM