the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life in the light

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

A muddied smile greets her, with golden eyes flashing in the light of the sun. The Illuminant watches his movements, hoping that somewhere under all of that strange decor lies a body she would know. Thankfully, even through the plaster of clay, an expression of recognition is mirrored upon him. As such, her smile remains, placcid and calm on her white-washed face.

Seeing the stallion approaching, Lyhty is quick to lift himself from the banks of the river, soaring upward to Onni's shoulder. He perches protectively. Crimson eyes watch the approach of the mud-monster with suspicion, for while the little bird had been present at the invasion, he sure as hell did not recognize this fool. Disdain falls from his small eyes as his beak turns up toward the air, finding himself not liking their new company already. However, this is usually the case when Onni is approached by stallions; a jealous bird will never change, it appears.

Returning a nod to the not-quite-stranger, the shaman bobs her head in a delicate manner before lifting pale blue eyes back to his face, the faint traces of a web underneath splashes of muck. A distinctive mark, one that she recognized, but unable to place. Yes, this stallion she definitely knew. The mare is glad for this, as he appears light hearted and fun from his appearance and nonchalant demeanor. Onni had quite enough shadows and gloom over the winter and spring months to care for stuffy company.

We've met before, he says, and the healer smiles brightly, as silent sign that she did remember, not offering forth the place which she could not remember. Thankfully, he covered the topic for her, and suddenly Onni remembers. The scent of iron and ash filling the thick forest. The kin of the World's Edge bloodied, broken, but also victorious. The scene had been ghastly, and many bones had been healed by the painted girl. The spider-webbed stallion's leg had been badly broken, much like Torasin's. "I remember well," she says, a distant expression on her face.
War never brought a smile to her face, even if it was just a recollection.

A glint of white in the sky catches her attention as Lace introduces himself, seeing the small dragon flutter about, almost as if she were repulsed by her bonded. The shaman lets out a peel of a laugh, with Lyhty chirping a bit hesitantly. He eyed the reptile questioningly, not wanting to be insulting to Lace like he normally would in her presence. A larger, scaled bird is not one he wished to pick a fight with. "Onni," she offers quite naturally as his voice trails, waiting for her own reply. Her eyes fall back on his muddied face, smiling with humor once more.
What a sight.

"Shaman of the Dragon's Throat," she says, before looking a bit sheepish. He likely already knew this tidbit of information, having been healed by her. "The handsome bird upon my shoulder is Lyhty."

"I am glad to see my patient is holding up well these days. Though, I must admit, your appearance is a bit..." Ending the sentence with a bright laugh, the painted girl shakes her head. The beads twisted in her mane jingle as if touched by the wind. "...Messier than I remember."

just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM