the Rift

[PRIVATE] Life in the light

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

The hearty sound of a laugh wracks the chambers of Lace's chest, and Onni responds with her own bright smile. Unfortunately, she does not have access to the movie playing within the grullo's mind, otherwise she may have joined in the laughter. Instead, the shaman smiles for the delight bestowed to her company; healing takes many forms, but chasing the shadows from the mind of another is often a more difficult challenge than tending to physical wounds.

The shaman had only met Mirage briefly in a meeting years ago, before the capture of the World's Edge in the name of the Qian. To think she was a deadly mare would never have crossed her mind, despite Lace's light-hearted comment. Of course, Onni had been present following the devastation of the invasion, the large claw marks from an awful predator present in the loam. She would never have guessed that the Queen of the Edge was in reality a dragon trapped inside the body of a small black mare.

Lyhty soars back from the air, landing upon Onni's shoulder. His frame of mind is attentive, seeking her own with gentle nudges, as if to determine whether or not Lace's laughter is directed toward her. The songbird, ever concerned with the feelings of his bonded, would likely have pecked at the stallion's eyes. Reassured that she is fine, he sets off into the air again, glare trailing slightly on Lace before he focuses back upon the blue sky ahead.

You give good advice. A smile is returned for his own, the shaman looking toward the ground briefly, suddenly a tad nervous to be complimented so blatantly. "I am glad I could be of help," she says earnestly, voice light, almost timid. Unlike the strong voice which delivered so many ideas and thoughts on his situation, Onni carries a much more modest tone in things concerning herself. Prestige, honor, likability, they all seemed like foreign niceties for others. Quickly resuming her previous poise and warm expression, she is surprised once more by Lace's offer, though it would not seem like much of a jump.

Help in exchange for help.

The mare takes to thought, her expression distant, but she realizes that she no longer sought out help. During the Endless Night, she would have loved a friend to shoulder her pain, filling the huge void which had been left by the absent Sun. Now, with the light restored to her world and her own spirit, Onni is far from wanting. Pleasantly she glances toward the grullo, her eyes earnest. "I can only hope that you'll maintain your offer, in the regrettable event shadows fall upon my life. For now, I am blessed."

just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 10-07-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Life in the light - by Onni - 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Life in the light - by Lace - 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM