the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] WITHIN THE WOODS

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

I never live in the past like the forsaken.

Standing beside the box the mare watches as the most bizarre creature emerges from behind a tree. Silence takes a hold of her, all Arah can do is stand and watch. It moves strangely, it's furry body glimmers in the dull light the surrounds them. It's head was that of a weasel, mixed with a rather reptilian frame, and a long and thick leonine tail. Shivers run down down her back as she watches it, staring was rude but she could not help it. The brown fur, blended nicely with the darkness and with diamonds on it's back, Arah could almost see the beauty in it's coloration and uniqueness. A thick tuft of fur ran from between it's upright ears, down to its shoulder blades. She guessed that it was a relatively tall creature, but it would not nearly match her in height. Forcing a smile onto her chops, Arah nodded her head in greeting. Stop staring! Be polite! Quickly adverting her eyes back down to the box, The Impersonator waited for the weird creature to speak first. After all this creature had a purpose for being here, she did not.

Moving with purpose on all four legs, the creature neared the box, and then drew itself up upon two. Arah watched with a sick fascination as it then proceeded to begin leaning back on its haunches, with its tail for balance. It was still silent between them. Golden orbs studied the bizarre thing, no doubt it was also closely inspecting her. The cat still had her tongue, she knew that her face portrayed her surprise. Never in her life had she met something quite so different.

"Hi there." As always Arah was impeccably polite. To put a cherry on top she mustered a true smile for him, trying to make him feel welcome. "I'm sorry if i'm intruding, I'm not trying to steal your box Sir." She watched with curiosity as he began to chew on some grass, her smile did not fade however. It was important to Arah that he knew her presence meant no threat to him, in fact if he needed help Arah would be the first person to offer it. Right now she may be battered and bloody, however she could still pack a mean kick if it was needed.

He told her it was a good thing she had come. Confusion now masked her face. "Is it?" She asked. Her eyes still stared at the strange weasel, dropping his eyes, he began to inspect the nails on one paw. She wondered if the paw was hurt...until he then did the next paw with the same casual interest. Raising her eyes from his paw she glanced to his box, wondering if it was about to explode or if it was filled with some sort of poison...Or maybe something else was in there...something nice and friendly. Arah couldn't guess what though. When the creature spoke again she looked at him once again thoroughly confused. "Shall we what, Sir?" Arah inquired her voice soft and inquisitive. The creature the dropped back onto all fours, and slunk around to the side of the box opposite the white doe. The glint of metal caught her eye, he had somehow produced a key from somewhere in his dense fur. The key itself was a curious thing, it was black and looked rather thick. It's bulky size and density suggested it had been craved from something quite solid. When he began tapping it against the side of the lock Arah's curiosity took a hold of her. "I would love too see!" The excitement was fresh in her tones.

Wide eyed and mouth slightly parted Arah glanced at the creature. A single chuckle escaped her lips. "I'm being rude and rather nosy." She straightened up and sorted her face out. Adopting a mask of calm yet still interested, Arah tried again. "If you are sure Sir, I would love to see what is concealed within the box." A soft smile once again, gentle eyes and a submissive stance. Deciding that she didn't want her height to be imposing the mare knelt down beside the box waiting patiently. Her long lock spilled around her, her ruined pelt caught a dim streak of light every now and then. The sun still held her, surely the contents of the box could be that bad. Now watching the creature, Arah waited. Excitement filled her to the brim however.

Oh let it be something wondrous!

" "
751 words.
[Drawing by aeolle]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
WITHIN THE WOODS - by Random Event - 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: WITHIN THE WOODS - by Arah - 10-05-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: WITHIN THE WOODS - by Arah - 10-05-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: WITHIN THE WOODS - by Arah - 10-27-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: WITHIN THE WOODS - by Random Event - 10-05-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: WITHIN THE WOODS - by Random Event - 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM