the Rift

[PRIVATE] Off the beaten path

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

She couldn't laugh at him. A part of her wanted to, wished for nothing more than to throw the head back and chase him away with a cold, uncaring laughter, cruel and harsh in its utter rejection. Did he even know what he was saying, this boy not even dry behind the ears, still reeking of milk and longing for his mothers side? Shadow wanted to shove him back into the slippery, slimy waters he so quickly had escaped from, fighting an urge, a need to stain his brash innocence, dye it in shades as dark as her own bitter soul. They were both young, but she felt ancient and weary next to the dazzling optimism of his youth. It pulled at her, tugged with its alluring simplicity; his mouth at her ears tickled and she shied from the touch, but not before an electrical spark managed to sizzle down through her body, turning each nerve on edge.

"Is that how you see me" she mumbled and dared a quick glance at his face, handsome and attractive in all its ethereal grace; the raven had to look away again quickly, breath caught in the throat in shock, in apprehension, embarrassment, temptation as a brazen suggestion slipped across those warm, soft lips...

Violet eyes closed tightly. The voice of the winged bird trembled precariously as she spoke, words contradicting the truth her body whispered to her, betrayed by her inability to move away from him.
"You can't mean that. Why, for a complete stranger? You don't know me, know nothing of who I am, where I've been.. what I've done. I.. you.. you just... "

But her voice died away, muddled thoughts straying until she couldn't remember what exactly she had been about to say. Had it been that important? Something about responsibility, about how it would be completely foolish and stupid and how could he stand there and expect her to be so shameless as to say yes right out of the blue... Somehow the thought of turning him down had disappeared though, and in the torrent of emotion that rattled through her the black raven turned to look at the gray fae beside her...

A mistake. She shouldn't have. Because the moment she met his awkward, clumsy, yet nobly honest gaze and saw what burned in the earthen depths all resistance melted away. Not even Shadow could deny what her loins had been screaming at her for a long while now, nor did she manage to find a reason why it would be wrong to take this graceful creature up on his offer.

But did he know what he was getting into, by making the black mare aware of her own desires? Was he prepared for the strength of the fire that began to burn within the gleaming orbs, wild and fierce and proud despite, or perhaps because of the weakness she showed as she with a slight step lowered the head and turned towards him, quietly accepting the thoughtless, bold suggestion. Silken nostrils flared in a sharp sigh as the shadow gave in, accepting the situation for what it was, her movements growing sluggish as a dark nose hesitantly reached out to touch a gray shoulder, muzzle quivering as she leaned in close to caress the slender, frail looking neck...

In her eyes there was nothing weak about him, nothing to frown upon or smirk at in contempt. He was of a different kind from her, a breed more slender and lithe. Next to his fawn-like appearance she felt heavy, rough, ragged and dirty, and the thought that someone like him could desire one like her was incredible, impossible. Shy as a schoolgirl, trembling and insecure she hesitated; had he really meant it, or was he about to laugh at her now; the clumsy pegasus girl who couldn't separate a joke from the harsh reality of the world?

image credits
table by whit

Oh my, awkward-fest :3 she's so not honest with herself <3

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Off the beaten path - by Shadow - 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Off the beaten path - by Carnesîr - 10-06-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: Off the beaten path - by Shadow - 10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Off the beaten path - by Carnesîr - 10-06-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Off the beaten path - by Shadow - 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Off the beaten path - by Carnesîr - 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM