the Rift

[OPEN] Fools Prove Their Worth

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

As she waited and looked, Kahlua was forced to deal with her own problems. Even though her mind was occupied with thoughts of the changing Foothill's leadership, and how she somehow felt it imperative to share her new knowledge, she could not ignore the setting of the sun. Much like the warrior, Kahlua feared each sunset. She had entered this land even more naïve than she was now, when the sun had still made it's daily walks across the sky. Then the darkness had come, and never left. She had met Onni, the Shaman telling her horrors in the night. She hadn't believed her, called Onni crazy even, but the pegasus had been right all along. There were many nights Kahlua dreamed of the fire monster that had crawled from the depths of hell through Helovia's Heart, dreamed of the evil Midas twin that had threatened to take her life, dreamed that the sun would never return and she should be shrouded in darkness for all of her life. She dreamed, and in those hours, it was her reality.

Come each morning, the dreams flitted away, but Kahlua could never forget the pure and unadulterated horror she had felt at the sight of the giant lizard. Little did she know a new horror was to be added to her nightly terrors- the sight of a friend throwing herself from a cliff over and over again, a never-ending loop of death that would plague the girl's soul. Simple as she was, this is what she thought of as the sun grew ever close to the tops of the trees. Soon it would touch the horizon and she would be in the dark once again. It was, therefore, that she sighed audibly in relief as she heard the distant sound of flapping wings, then their drawing closer, and finally found the large warrior landing before her.

Instantly, a smile grew on her face. Without any effort on her own part, for the girl was often too childish to hold on to any emotion for an extended amount of time, her fears of the dark were washed away. As he spoke her name, she lowered her own head in return. “Kaj, my friend,” her voice danced with joy, just enjoying his presence for the moment. She did not notice any sort of sadness on him. In much the same way that she felt her own emotions so fleetingly, she had difficulty picking up on the feelings of others around her. She was a simple soul, and in some ways she knew it, but she often felt it was better to be this way. There were so many troubled souls in the land. Wasn't it better, just to be happy?

At his question, she smiled and spoke again. “Of course. I simply wanted to relay some information,” her own blue eyes searched for his and she paused for a moment. She was suddenly remembering that he had called Aaron foolish for thinking to travel to the Foothills. Would he have the same chastising words for her? She flicked her tail in confusion, but as she was not one to hide things, she simply began speaking again. “I had gone to visit a friend at... at the Foothills. He was not there, but I did learn something.” Her ears drooped sideways just a little, waiting for some sort of harshness to come from the stallion's mouth, but she continued on nevertheless. “It seems they have given up their mercenary lifestyle, though I was not allowed to stay and inquire further.” It was all she had. She had not been informed of the leadership change.

Quite suddenly, then, she hurried on, her voice taking on a new and more excited quality. She had hardly given him time to answer her. Had any other act so, it would have seemed that they were trying to change the subject and hurry up to a new one. It was not exactly the mare's intent, she did not plan things so well. It really was heartfelt excitement that had rushed her past the previous words. “Also... I have a gift for you! It will only take a little while!” Looking the sun, Kahlua pursed her lips in annoyance as the beginnings of fear began to trickle back into her heart. She knew the sun would be set before she had finished her project, but she could not have done this without the stallion before her. She needed to know his size.

Not waiting for his acceptance or denial of her gift, Kahlua closed her eyes and pictured the object she had been planning and improving upon for the last few days. Opening them only long enough to eye the stallion for size, she closed her eyes again and imagined the object upon him. Yes... it would be perfect, she decided. At least, if she was not good at thinking or feeling, she had been gifted with the ability to imagine things easily in her mind. Calling upon the mists that had increased with the slowly approaching evening, tendrils began to weave together and solidify into glass. They twisted amongst one another, in and out, obeying her every whim and will as she opened her eyes to watch her work. As she did so, she called upon the goddess of the moon and the mists in her mind. Let this glass be strong, that it will not shatter at the touch of hooves, she commanded it, and the glass would obey. Minutes passed, then an hour or more. Finally, the thing was complete and before it was completed, Kahlua directed it to slip over Kaj's head, if he did not move before it got to him. It was a chainmail neck wrap, tapering from wide near his shoulders to narrow at his neck. It had no straps to hold it in place, the width of his neck simply kept it from falling down too far. It would be easy to slip on and off when it was not necessary for battle. Looking to him for approval then, weariness settling into her bones, she smiled. “I hope you like it!” Even the darkness that had fallen upon them did not worry her now, as she looked to her Wing Leader and awaited his answer.

OOC| If anyone's watching, time line warp was with Brit's permission. I don't really have any inspiration pictures for the neck wrap. It's basically a funnel that is wide near his shoulders and narrow at the top of his neck, made of glass that is tempered not to break during battle. If you'd like a picture, I can try and find one. I hope you like it!!

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Fools Prove Their Worth - by Kahlua - 10-05-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: Fools Prove Their Worth - by Kaj - 10-18-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Fools Prove Their Worth - by Kahlua - 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Fools Prove Their Worth - by Kaj - 10-29-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Fools Prove Their Worth - by Kahlua - 11-03-2013, 09:58 PM