the Rift

[PRIVATE] water lily

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie
a thousand miles down to the sea bed,
found the place to rest my head.

Light rain shimmered down, even as the bright blue sky hung overhead like some vast monument. Huyana prospered beneath the raindrops, the little pinpricks of water clinging to her dark mane and settling along her back, glittering like tiny jewels. She seemed almost ethereal, a rain goddess come to earth as a lady of the lake, sides swelling with all the life her water would bring to this ever-dying earth.
The scholar stood motionlessly, eyes half-closed with gratification as cool water lapped against her chest, eased the weight of her considerable belly which waxed like an ever growing moon; the lake's ripples seemed to abide by its presence as well, she noticed with a small smile, continuously washing against its mass as if trying to reach out to the child which dwelled inside. Sometimes she sang to it (as she did now); a soft lilting hum that recalled sea-sounds and the wanton pitter-patter of raindrops, and sometimes she felt the babe react, shifting within her—whether out of indulgence or discomfort she did not know, but the scholar continued on relentlessly, letting the tune soar through the bright green glade. The scene was nearly ethereal, this almost-mother of mythos crooning softly in this hidden vale.

I am the rain, she thought, tilting her face upward to feel the water upon her face, reveling in the coolness. I am home, this is right. This is where she belonged, regardless of past or present or future darkness, and the adoration she felt kept it all at bay, and all the unhappiness she had ever felt seemed so trivial, so petty; maybe all the hardships and winding roads of her life led to this.

""

Messages In This Thread
water lily - by Huyana - 10-06-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: water lily - by Circe - 10-06-2013, 11:08 PM