the Rift

» viva la vida [open]

Somnus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"You can not do this!" He bellowed, eyes glinting ferociously, waves of sand crashing at his feet. Some looked with sad, solemn faces and other's filled with greed and excitement. Back stabers. 'Somnus. We as a council have decided. I'm sorry, brother.' With no shame, tears flowed from his eyes. "You can not tear me from my own home! My land!" His heart throbbed in pain, looking around at the faces he had lived with since.. forever. "You can't do this." His voice cracked in pain, dropping to his knees. A futile sigh escaped the horse in front of him. Why couldn't he remember his name? 'Somnus, you are banished from the land of *Taco Horses. You are striped of your godly powers and will walk upon the mortals and be one yourself. You will remember nothing of your life. I am sorry, brother.' Shock and pain ran through his body, eyes turned down upon the ground as he felt his mind start to feel lighter. "How... how could you?. You are all cowards." He did not yell, voice strung with pain before ringing in the silence that followed. Piercing eyes stared into the one before him.

Blackness. Nothing. Banished and forgotten.

A weary traveler, wandering for days in an unknown direction for an unknown reason. Nothing but the scenery around him filled his mind. Have I seen that tree before? A sigh escapes ebony lips, ears lax and eyes trained forward. Muscles coil with every step, cloven hooves digging deep into the moist soil. A light sheen of sweat covers the bodice of a blank soul, body exhausted but driven forward.

The bubbling sound of a stream causes his throat to scream, instincts tugging him towards the liquid that cooled the flame in his throat. The water sloshed in his belly as he continued on, golden, sparkling sand weaving between his hooves and preoccupying his mind.

Days of walking. Days of solitude.

Finally, change. Nares quiver as the harsh scent of many others starts to seep in, intensity increasing with every step. Soon, he is surrounded by unfamiliar scents causing unease in the stallion. Brows scrunch as he turns his head to the side, what is this place? Is this the place he had been subconsciously looking for? With no precision or thought to the ruckus he was making- maybe it was purposeful- he continued through the ongoing forest, surrounded by green and lost in the sounds of creatures hidden and unknown. The sand continued to swirl around his feet, nearly gold and glittering - looking softer than the down of a goose - and made a light slithering noise that let his mind go blank.

Somnus
I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word.
[ * = an old conversation in skype, so props to you if you remember the land of The Taco Horses... couldn't think of an good name right now so just put that in there ]
coding used with permission from wanderer

Messages In This Thread
» viva la vida [open] - by Somnus - 10-06-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Adrixaura - 10-07-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Circuta - 10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Frost Fyre - 10-07-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Oxy - 10-07-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Somnus - 10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Circuta - 10-27-2013, 11:40 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Oxy - 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Frost Fyre - 11-06-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: » viva la vida [open] - by Somnus - 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM