the Rift

[OPEN] One Day, The Skies Will Fall [open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Though I sense that the time for self-pity is over, I find myself wallowing deeper with each passing moment. The desert shimmers around me, waves of heat drifting off the sands creating a wavering mirage effect. I close my eyes, the best guard against such a sight. Behind closed lids, my world is dark and cool; though an unpleasant reminder of the endless night, it is soothing for the moment. I reach with my magic, feeling for weaknesses along my stretch of wall. Feeling none - only flat, hard, strong sheets - I withdraw into myself once more. It is time, I suppose, for a break, though if I had my way I would never stop working. Somehow I am afraid, though - afraid that my magic will once more be gone as quickly as it was returned to me.

I need it to be whole. Perhaps once I was more than just that, but not anymore. That was before I was broken beyond repair by the various events of my relatively short life. That was before my parents were killed. That was before my nurse died in front of me. That was before my firstborn died. That was before Note left me. That was before I gave in to temptation. That was before the gods deserted us. I was whole before. Now? Now I am barely breathing.

A gentle call and a bird's whistle pull me from my reverie, and as I open my eyes I find myself momentarily blinded by the sun's gleam on the sand. As the white fades, everything takes on odd shades and hues. When my vision finally returns to normal (after quite a bit of squinting that I'm sure was quite comical), I make out the shape of Onni. Ironic, as I was just thinking about seeking her out, but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Onni," I call back with a forced smile. "I am well, with the return of the sun. And yourself?"

@[Onni]

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
One Day, The Skies Will Fall [open] - by Sohalia - 10-07-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: One Day, The Skies Will Fall [open] - by Onni - 10-08-2013, 12:12 AM
RE: One Day, The Skies Will Fall [open] - by Sohalia - 11-12-2013, 10:00 PM