the Rift

[OPEN] Shedding...
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia continued her journey south, her mind reeling with confusion and worry. Did the Basin truly invade the Throat? Why would Mauja assault Kri in that way? Was Psyche involved? Was anyone hurt? The pale princess was not a fool, however, she knew the plight of land and power, and she did not fault anyone for their actions. But, invasion? How had she missed a war? Being lost in the northern snows truly was insulating, and Tinek seemed just as concerned. Perhaps she needed to better time her isolationist retreats.

A frown was firmly set on her lips as Tinek swam in the air languidly, talons curled up under his body. Sweat formed thickly on her shedding, white coat. The cool of the snowy tundra had kept her pelt from shedding, but the heat of the southern sun was sweltering. Uncomfortable, she shook her body, sending a puff of white after her, and she grunted in irritation. Why did sweat have to itch? This is why she lived in the snow, lived for the winter. A sigh. Why were these petty problems so cathartic? In some ways, she enjoyed ignoring the fact that her life was a dramatic shamble.

She missed her daughter, though she knew that she had failed her. Did she deserve to be called 'mother'? Ophelia frowned deeper. Finally, out of breath and trapped inside her thoughts, she stopped at the depressed stream of the meadows, staring at the river in melancholy. "What am I doing, Tinek?" she asked, looking up at the silver dragon as he fished in the stream. The dragon turned around to look at her as if the answer was obvious.

"Looking for Mauja," he replied in her head before going back to fishing. Ophelia made a face and blinked a few times before shaking off the thought. True, one of her reasons for venturing down here was to see if Mauja had launched this war, but was she seeking more truth than just idly curiosity? She grunted in Tinek's direction before coming to his side to sip water from the stream and cool down her shedding figure. "Perhaps we should look for Roskuld and Mesec, or Comadre and Osiris?" she suggested aloud.

Tinek grinned and nodded his head, spearing a fish on a talon. "Miss Comadre. And fluff. Also miss Roz and Messy." Ophelia smiled. She had a plan then, though the war and whereabouts of certain someones was certainly not completely forgotten.

@[Roskuld]

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Shedding... - by Ophelia - 10-08-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Osiris - 10-10-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Ophelia - 12-22-2013, 06:08 PM