the Rift

[OPEN] Shedding...
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia heard the very familiar cry of her name from the lips of the tiny black dragon she had known since she was a very small child. She turned her head sharply, a happy smile on her lips as she watched the slender sliver of dark scales billow her way with the half-wolf quickly behind. Often she wondered if Comadre or Osiris controlled their comings and goings because the black dragon was so independent and different.

"Comadre!" she called in return, happily greeting him.

Tinek was obviously ecstatic to see his little friend, and the much larger, grown silver launched himself into the air, trying to mimic Comadre's cooing. The sound was far more strangled and infinitely less cute. Ophelia chuckled, ears tilting forward in friendly interest as Osiris stopped his lope by her side, his nose touching her shoulder in a way that could only be described as kind. After her childish bout of broken crush, Ophelia had matured and come to realize that regardless of her feelings, the wolf had been a very close friend and mentor; he was important in her life and one of the only constants.

Ophelia nodded and sighed. "I needed time to clear my head," she replied honestly. "I have just journeyed back from the north. It seems as if every time I venture back into the herds, some politics or situations pull me in all directions." She was rarely ever comfortable sharing her thoughts and feelings to other, but Osiris was different. He had known her since she was a tiny, black, furry wraith wandering around in the caves. In a way, she thought that he knew her better than anyone.

"You look... very much the same," she complimented with a soft smile. "If you age at all, I do not see it - not even gray in your beard." Ophelia teased in good humor before a stray thought from Tinek rang in her mind. His crimson eyes had ventured to the figure of her daughter, and guilt hit her square in the chest. She had assumed that like herself, Roskuld would crave her independence, but was it right to do what she did? Ophelia did not know, but either way, she had know to set the past straight.

Ophelia turned to Osiris, pain and confusion in her expression. "Excuse me," she said quietly. "My daughter, Roskuld is here." The pale mare gingerly stepped toward the little girl before looking back at her friend. "Do you want to come say hello?"

Suddenly, the distance between herself and her child became too much, and desire to close the space became a need. She cantered, legs carrying her rapidly to her daughter before attempting to curl her neck around her tightly, embrace her child with a physical representation of her love. "Roskuld, how have you been?" she asked. "You look so grown up and... just... lovely."

Tinek broke the silence with a sneeze, his nose irritated by the pollen. A thick cloud of white snow and frost sprayed across them, and his crimson eyes blinked apologetically before turning to Comadre. The dragon shrugged.

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

FINALLY >_>

@[Roskuld]
@[Osiris]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Shedding... - by Ophelia - 10-08-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Osiris - 10-10-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Roskuld - 10-19-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: Shedding... - by Ophelia - 12-22-2013, 06:08 PM