the Rift

Quiet Patrol [MadMask]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
Regaining her composure with a small, wry smile, she nodded slightly to him as he spoke. Oh yes, he was most definitely Mirage's brother. It occured to her to wonder how much the siblings passed between themselves of those they met and the things they did. Would fragile tidbits of this conversation venture into the knowledge of his brother, his sisters? Just as easily as the thought came to her, she realized she didn't mind. Not really. There was never any part of her that held anything negative toward this family. She trusted them to not turn against her. And, increasingly, to be at least somewhat understanding.

"Warlord? Never. I knew of stallions who could be called that. But I consider myself to be a healer first. Even if all I can do is work some herbs with Zaffre's help, or offer some words that might make things better..." She shrugged, gaze stealing toward him to listen to his laughter, however brief. Ears twitched to catch his brand of wisdom, garnered over more years than she suspected she'd lived.

Quietly she mulled over his last statement, nodding slowly. "Yes. It is. Everything else comes to appear petty when you stand for the things, the ones, you love." It was somewhat startling for her to realize that she'd already followed that path. What else explained her feelings when the unicorns invaded the Tides? Or when Ricochet's blind prejudice had threatened Vitrum's livelihood? Both had had more dramatic consequences than the reasons that had sparked the battles. One she'd been the worse for, the other not.

"It is a realization that helps you be true to yourself." She murmured quietly, almost to herself. True to herself... perhaps it was time she considered doing that again?

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-07-2012, 02:03 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-09-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 08-14-2012, 06:44 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-05-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Madyrn Maskan - 09-06-2012, 05:22 AM
RE: Quiet Patrol [MadMask] - by Smoke - 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM