the Rift

[OPEN] Morning light
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There were newcomers coming in and out of the Oasis continuously, so as one might imagine I wouldn’t be pulled from my personal realm of meditation just because someone new happened to pass by. This stranger broke the unexpected and didn’t keep on walking though. He paused, mildly interested enough to give me a once over while I wasn’t paying much attention. After finding me worthy enough or passive enough to have a conversation with, said lad broached, “Good morning brother.” I might not be the best reader of emotions, but there was an unmistakable wariness in his tone.

The boy was likely lost, wet behind the ears, and I was about to answer a hundred questions like a good little tour guide should. (Not that such would warrant any resentment.) Fina chattered from her branch in the tree above us, sharp little chirps that were her version of greeting. I blinked and glanced his way, noticing simultaneously that there was no one else around that he could be addressing. A welcoming smile slithered naturally across my mug, but it was a forced grin because of fatigue from recent events, and honestly a desire to have as little nuisances as possible. Lips moved and formed a polite but curt answer, “Aye, morning to you as well.”

His coloring was…my mind scrambled for the right word. Fina watched from above, she seemed to favor the flaming tips of his wings and the coloration that ran down its length. Showy was the word which came into my mind half a heartbeat later, his breeding was showy. Ivory feathers that lay lax across my barrel shifted, then settled. “I’m Midas, welcome to the Oasis.”

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Morning light - by Midas - 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM
RE: Morning light - by Pheonix - 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Morning light - by Midas - 10-21-2013, 12:11 PM