the Rift

Trick or Treat: Character #1, Harald

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

HARALD THE HARPY
You walk through the deep, dark forest in the dead of night. Nothing but the chirp of bats stirring and a rustle of woodland creatures interrupts the silence. Soon, the trees grow sparsely and the forest opens into a large, seemingly endless corn field. Only the very tall can see above the yellowed stalks, so you wander helplessly, lost until you come across a strange trail.

The trail winds around the corn field like a maze, twisting you this way and that and around. Your head starts spinning until you reach the center where all the corn is flattened out and a single, black, gnarled tree stands half-dead in the center. The moonlight reflects off of an oily, grotesque looking vulture with one red eye and one black socket, and he ruffles his greasy feathers in a slow, dreadful way.

"I am HARALD - squawk - " he muttered, flapping his wings listlessly as he looks around.

"I am HARALD the - squawk - HARPY, and I have - caw - gifts and - cackle - maladies...." he trailed off in a disturbingly pleased pitch.

Carefully, he reached a scarred foot into a hole in the tree to pull out a small amulet with his talons, dangling it tauntingly at you. If his beak could smile, the expression would be sinister, and he bobs his head up and down, flapping his wings as he balances on one foot.

"Brave are you? Want to try?"

Please read over the rules here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10358

Messages In This Thread
Trick or Treat: Character #1, Harald - by Random Event - 10-12-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Trick or Treat: Character #1, Harald - by Skywalker - 10-13-2013, 01:06 PM