the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Me There [Torleik]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

As she stood there silently beside the beautiful creature she listened to the words spoken taking each one as they came to form sentences and images within her mind. Her relatively few conversations with the inhabitants of Helovia thus far were rather short and random never really having much meaning or thought put into them. It was more her trying to become what one would consider normal under the so called social stigma. In a way she hoped that maybe one of them might help draw her out of her isolation and make her want to be around others again. While the need was there the thoughts of the mind tended to make her lean to the side of loneliness majority of the time. It was difficult to make her mind see that not everyone was out to kill her, with other mares it tended to be easier than it was with another of the opposing sex, yet here she was doing exactly that. Steps had been taken and with it some results had come out of her efforts now it was just a matter of not letting herself relapse back into such a worthless state.

The tale unfolding from the depths of Torleik's memory mirrored eerily similar to what she had felt throughout the first number of years since her family had been killed. Granted it was with much different circumstances but the emotions felt matched eye for eye, loneliness, despair, misery... the list could go on and on but when you broke it down the same prevailed. Remaining silent for a matter of moments as the lyrics ceased she tried to get her thoughts together so that maybe her next attempt at speech would not sound like a total fail. The gentle touch upon her cheek sent a shiver through her body yet a smile touched her lips. It was not a feeling of fear but rather one that made her remember what it was like to be happy.

Returning the gesture she felt that she should at least explain things a little further to at least let some questions be put to rest of the many that were likely left unspoken. " I understand what its like to have nothing." Pausing briefly in slight hesitance to bring back the ones she had lost she finally continued in a soft tone. " When I was young my family was slaughtered but somehow I was spared. With nobody to turn to I spent much of the next year and a half in isolation not knowing where or what to turn to. The following spring was when the attacks started... I never knew what they were going to do to me but nothing I did could stop them. The more I tried to fight the worse things became.. they were to strong." Closing her eyes she took a couple settling breaths concentrating on staying out of the emotional turmoil frothing just beneath the surface.

" Only once did the effect of such encounters stick. About four or five months into the pregnancy yet another encounter left me nearly dead to fend for myself. My body couldn't handle such trauma and the pregnancy all at once..." Tears misted her eyes as her words trailed off leaving the rest of the obvious ending without spoken words. Seeking some form of connection she absently turned her head to rest it gently against the muscular haven of the studs neck. Keeping her eyes shut to attempt to ward off the threatening tears she tried to calm her mind and lull it back into its previously dormant state. A minute or so passed before she felt the feeling subside as another slipped into place. The thick scent was impossible to ignore with their close proximity but instead of repulsing her it had quite the opposite effect making her desire what she normally tried to avoid. The revelation of the painful memories haunting her in a way allowed her to find a small sense of closure or at least acceptance that it was behind her now. Who would have thought that something of such grief could also bring the faintest amount of peace.

TAGS: @Torleik
MUSE: Good
NOTES: So glad you are back XD

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-12-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-01-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 11-19-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Brisa - 12-23-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: Take Me There [Torleik] - by Torleik - 03-04-2014, 01:20 AM