the Rift

heartache [open]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
I had waited to until the sun was beginning to set to leave the Foothills and head toward the Edge. As usual Tallis flew above me, searching the land ahead for any signs of danger to warn me away from. As usual there was nothing. I was beginning to think that the only threat to any Helvoian was the Sun God. With the sun down his reign of tyranny had come to an end for the night. All the world would know peace and harmony until the sun rose once more and lit the sky on fire.

Tallis chirped when the very outskirts of the Edge, the forest, came into view. My pace slowed until I stopped and I stood staring at the ruined trees. I had heard the the Edge had been set on fire, but everything I'd heard was hear-say. I didn't know whether or not it was true. Seeing it with my own eyes made my heart ache. I hurt for the Moon Goddes, for her followers that called those trees home. For Mauja, who had been so kind to me when I met him.

My head turned as Tallis settled his weight on my back and looked at me expectantly. I dragged my hooves as I entered the forest, scared to go deeper and see what I would find. I dearly hoped that this was the worst of it. That there wouldn't be anything worse the farther in I got. "This is terrible, Tallis." I murmured to the dragon before touching my muzzle to the trunk of a scorched tree, closing my eyes. I could almost see the fire and it frightened me. What had anyone done to deserve such punishment?

I stepped back from the tree and pressed on, anxious to leave the burned trees, hoping to find something that wasn't destroyed, and hoping to find Mauja alive and well.

[despite the picture aylin is still a foal. i just wanted to use her fancy new table o:]

Messages In This Thread
heartache [open] - by Aylin - 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-08-2012, 06:41 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Aylin - 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-13-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-18-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Arathea - 08-18-2012, 11:51 AM
RE: heartache [open] - by Mauja - 08-20-2012, 09:07 AM