the Rift

New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open)

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

So we began again.

This was nothing new. This was, in fact, what I thoroughly expected: one day we are bathed in sunshine in some forgotten beach, the other it’s mountains losing themselves in sky, and now –

Now this.

Whatever this was.

It didn’t matter, not really. I am not sure when it ceased to matter, but it did what feels like a lifetime ago. This place was no different from several other places, other faces and other worlds – such great wonders, this world brought us, and so many things I promptly forgot the moment we crossed out of wherever.

Now it was trees and the choking sense of claustrophobia (because this, of course, never changed) rushing me. Some primal urge to flee, for open spaces, for room to see and run and defend; an instinct bred into what felt like a hundred years ago.

(It was only three. Funny, how time passes.)

But, of course, not even this mattered, because the one thing that did – the only one that mattered, if I said so myself, and I did – was close enough to my side that I could breathe easy.

(If we die, at least we die together.

How morbid, Sashulya, I am sure he would say, if I voiced such thought to him, which I didn’t.

It calmed me nonetheless.)

It was something, however. A new beginning that would lead to a new end; I would not dare say a new hope. I wasn’t a very hopeful horse.

I wasn’t much of anything.

Brat moi,” I called when the silence became dull, rusty and wet as the forest pressing in on me. “Are we there yet?”

Some things never change. My need to follow was no different.

Didn’t mean I would not whine every step of the way.

ALEKSANDR
It's easy, there's a trick to it, you do it or you die.

Messages In This Thread
New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-15-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM