the Rift

New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open)

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The feather was gone.

Of course it was. I made sure of that.

Meet and greet was an unfortunate – or fortunate, for some – side of traveling. It wasn’t quite something I was comfortable with; I enjoyed the travel, I even enjoyed the destinations, a little, and yet, this was the part I was not made for; this was Kostya’s domain.

I was always the shadow behind my brother’s boy-king.

They seemed nice, even harmless, at first; it was unconsciously, mere muscle memory, that I moved a step further to shield him, such an obedient, well-trained bodyguard.

“Not lost,” I told the stardust-mare. I didn’t smile. I hardly ever did. “We don’t have a destination.”

We never did. Home was the stars and the shadow on the lake, home was the infinite; we were always in journey. Nothing was ever permanent.

“Thank you, though,” I flashed a look at my brother, as I always did. “Both of you.” There was something in the woods, something that unnerved me, a smell of pines and – something that made my muscles tighten automatically and my deeper instinct to rise to the surface of my skin. It did not mingle well with the pressure of the woods around and over me.

“We are Aleksandr and Konstantin,” I said, gesturing toward my twin at his name.

Maybe a year ago I might be surprised by their looks; as it was, wings and horns did not bother me any more (and I tried to not remember her, my sweet – oh, don’t think about it Sasha, just don’t).

What did surprise me, was someone –

“Do I know you?”

Did I?

Messages In This Thread
New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-15-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM