the Rift

New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open)

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ah, right. I was no stranger to the concept of familiars, and as thus, that indefinable tension inside me unclenched almost instantaneously. That other part of me – the one that ran through other grooves, that understood and read things my brother would not – saw the advantage in having a freaking bear as your companion, your familiar, closer than any mate: it was a reassurance, a support. Succor, even.

Interesting. Curiouser and curiouser, these lands.

There were other underlying impulses, however. I was trained (I had to) see these things. Sorrow, perhaps, or loss; those things I knew well (though, ah, gods, not so deeply as it could’ve been – were I a believer, I would have thanked them for such fortune, that I had him).

“I understand being an outcast,” I said, not unkindly, and in my tone I hoped to convey other things: I understood it could hurt, even if I was not hurt myself by such a thing. We were nomads, my brother and I, much as the stars themselves, the stars he adored; I had no bondage to land and herd, to nothing but him, and, well, I went where he went.

To think, we were once princes and kings…

This was when the blue mare appeared – interesting indeed, with the lure of, what? Ambition? Perhaps in yonder days I would be tempted (it felt so far, when it was what, one year, two years ago, at most) by the lure of power and, well, other things. Maybe even now it held some charm – I was my father’s son as well as my mother’s, in the end.

Also, a mare named Colt; figures.

“Change is good,” I said, neutral even by my own standards; it was a fact, though not always. “And so are opportunities, though not always and not for everyone. Do explain,” and never say that I could not be charming; even as a brushed my brother’s shoulder, I smiled at her – it was not a particularly nice smile, but it was not particularly bad, either.

Messages In This Thread
New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-14-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Skywalker - 10-15-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-17-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Konstantin - 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
RE: New beginnings lead to new ends. (Konstantin, open) - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 09:47 AM