the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

My sweetest darlings, owners of my heart and soul. I had one of them next to me, my colt trotting proudly next to me as we headed towards the meadow. Sure, I scolded him sometimes, but he was young. He needed to learn. But I still loved him.
Azarel was going to be a handsome stallion one day, but not yet. For now, he was my baby. My son. My beautiful son. And my bonded jaguar sat on my back as usual, she was growing bigger and stronger for each day. Her body was almost twice as big than it had been when I first had found her. Her teeth were growing long and sharp as well as her claws, and the scars on her face were healing nicely, free of infections.
My desired, my darling. All I was missing now was my treasure and my golden. A sigh left my kissers and I lowered my head, slowing down as the Meadow widened in front of us. We were here, again.
How did I end up here? Why did it feel like I was dragged to this place over and over again? This meadow was so full of memories, both horrible and lovable, but I couldn't understand why. Why this place? Why not Helovia's Heart, or the Deep Forest, or the Secret Grove, or... Anything. Anything but this damned meadow.
I was sick of this place. So why was it that I couldn't keep myself from going here over and over and over again?

My legs stopped and so did my son, and he looked up at me. Oh, my beautiful son. I lowered my head and nuzzled him carefully on his nose bridge, careful not to touch his tender skin with the tip of my horn. Dezba roared for attention and I rose my head again, looking at her with a smile. My love for my family was indescribable, no words were powerful enough to describe the feeling I felt whenever I looked into their eyes.
How had I ended up here? From being a scared and terrified 5-year-old to... This. I had a golden pegasus mate who loved me more than his own life, I had two foals that I cherished more than everything and who holds a great part of my beating, red heart. I had a companion who understood me and really felt what I had been through.

If I had never met Azzaron... If I had never met Mauja... How would my life be like now?
What would it look like if I had never joined the World's Edge under Mauja's reign?
Would I have stayed here, or would I have moved on to another land?
Would I even be alive?

My black legs moved me slowly towards the blue river that glowed orange and pink in the setting sunlight. I lowered my dark head to the water and sighed before I started to drink. Azarel looked at me with a tilted head and did the same. He walked up to my side and while looking at me, he started to drink the water. Dezba just yawned and went back to sleeping on my back. 'Sleep tight, my desired,' I sent a calm thought to her and felt her falling asleep.
But I didn't drink for long, since I was too restless. Raising my head with closed eyes, I sighed again. Why did I feel so nervous? I had nothing to be nervous about, right? "Azarel..."
The colt looked up and stopped drinking, raising his head quickly and quirked his ears toward me. I smiled and nudged my son's small muzzle.
"Just so you know, my son... I'm so happy to have you. I'm happy to be your mother." My son gave me the widest smile anyone had ever given me and I felt the tears dwell within me. I turned to my beautiful colt and embraced him in an equine hug as good as I could.

"May the Gods watch over you, my son. I love you, so much." I whispered, letting the words flow softly next to the golden colt's ears. I took a step back to look at him. He was bigger, stronger, and his muscled body was steady and bold. He would be strong once he was an adult. My sweet baby. My baby...
"My Aza, my love song... These stars are shining for you alone, and you will grow strong and brave one day... My Azarel..." I sang the words quietly to my son as I caressed his nose bridge and muzzle.
I sighed and turned, to walk away from the river. I stopped just a few meters away and laid down. My colt followed me, like always, and stumbled down next to me, looking at me with his strange eyes filled with excitement.
If only my daughter was with us, then I would be forever happy. If the third part of my heart could show up, then I would not have to be sad every single day. I wouldn't have to worry. Tears filled my eyes and I looked down at the ground, but it only took seconds for my son to nudge my shoulder carefully. He was laying close to me, his golden bodice tightly pressed to my own.
My Aza...

"Talking."

ooc: Reunion <3
word count: 884
tags: @[Destry]
song: My Cadence - Aviators (feat. Emily Matthews) (Matthew Mosier Cover)
image credits || made by Sei
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel] - by Delinne - 10-14-2013, 12:55 PM