the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
it takes courage to grow up and
become who you really are

My Aza... My son was falling asleep by my side as the sun was setting lower and lower, coloring the sky with the colors I've seen so many times before and was still so happy to see after the eternal night. Just as I was about to close my own eyes, just before Dezba curled up between my front legs, a voice. A voice that broke my heart and healed it again.
"Mother!" I widened my eyes and looked around. It couldn't be. No. It was... How?
"Destry!!" I called out, but I did not have to wait long. She came galloping towards me down the old hill, and all my words that I wanted to say was taken away from me. Destry... Was beautiful. She had turned one year old now and was more muscular than before. I stared at her as if she was a ghost before I came to my senses. My eyes filled with tears again and they started to run down my cheeks.
I... Just... Destry.
"You... you left me. How could you leave me like that? You... you never came to get me." No... I just lied there, Azarel close to my side and Dezba sitting in front of me, showing her teeth at Destry. I glanced quickly at my companion and sent an angry thought. 'No, it's my daughter. She's friendly,' Dezba stopped showing her teeth, but still swished her tail back and forth in annoyance.
"Destry..." I said, and I tried to make my voice calm and soft. But it was broken halfway through the word by the tears.

"How could... how could you abandon me like that? Just leaving me to- Who's this?" I saw her discovering Azarel and I sighed. Destry, no...
"You... you replaced me?" My daughter's eyes were shadowed with such anger and I sighed again before I nudged my son and then stood up. I gazed down on my daughter, observing her with calm eyes. It was really her. It was my own daughter, standing here, in front of me.
"Destry. May the Gods kill me if I lie when I say that I have missed you... My treasure, I would never, and do you hear me, NEVER replace you. I wanted to come back for you, so badly. Your father and I actually planned it... And I did NOT leave you, Destry. I... I wanted to take you with me. But he wouldn't let me. Mauja wouldn't let me take you with me and I still hate him to this day for that. It has felt like torture every second I've been away from you and I've been thinking of you every single day since I was banished."

I took a deep breath and felt my breath shaking from the lump in my throat. Aza stood up next to me, almost hiding behind me. My gaze settled on my daughter again and I sighed deeply.
"Destry, you should know better than to think that we've replaced you. You're not replaceable. You were my firstborn, for Gods' sake. I love you - more than my heart could ever manage to handle." Tears were running steadily down my cheeks and I took another shaky, deep breath. I looked away from my daughter and closed my eyes.
"You don't even know what kind of sorrow I've been going through since the day I had to leave you and your father in the Basin with... With... With those liars!!" I wanted to scream out loud, but I kept it muffled with closed teeth.
Dezba looked between Azarel and Destry, and she couldn't decide who to go to first. Finally she decided to say hello to the filly, and walked with careful, reserved steps over to the unipeg. She sniffed quickly and then ran over to Azarel to hush him and calm him.

I sobbed quietly and then looked at my filly again. Didn't she understand how much I loved her? Didn't she see that I had missed her, that my heart had been broken each and every day when I did not wake up to see her face? How couldn't she see that?
"Destry, your father and I gave you a brother. We thought that you didn't want to be alone once we had saved you and we were all together again..." My words were only a whisper, but she heard it. I was close enough for her to hear my pleading words.
"Azarel, say hello to your sister. This is Destry." I turned my head to Aza who peeked behind my tail, and shyly came up to my head. He observed his sister with his strange eyes and carefully took a few more steps forward.
"Hello... Sister." His voice was quiet and slow, and nervous. His whole body was shaking and Dezba immediately stroke herself against his leg to calm him. It worked within seconds.
"Daughter... I'm so happy to see you again, may you believe it or not." I looked at her with swollen eyes, smiling widely. I had my daughter again. She was with me, she was with me. And now, I would never let her go ever again.

"Talking."

ooc: ;__;
word count: 863
tags: @[Destry]
song: My Cadence - Aviators (feat. Emily Matthews) (Matthew Mosier Cover)
image credits || made by Sei
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel] - by Delinne - 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM