the Rift

[PRIVATE] the sweetest love song [Destry, Azarel]

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Mother calls my name, my rubies watching her lips. She was lain on the ground, her companion and my brother curled up beside her. My brother was already falling asleep, his youthful body showing great potential. One day he would fight with strong steps and would love with gentle eyes. But for now, he was still young. But inside, I felt a rage, an enormous fire burning inside me. I looks at Mother, listening to her words. She whimpers, telling me of how much she had missed me, and how much she loved me. She scolds me lightly before telling me I was her firstborn, her love forever. Her words were no aid to my river of tears, her words only making more tears flow down my cheeks.

Mother snorts in a furious rage when she mentions the Basin, the land of liars. I stand between the Basin and Mother, torn. The Basin wasn't filled with all liars and traitors, in fact some horses were very kind and caring. But Mother had apparently met the colder, cruel horses. I, being a younger one, got the nicer side of others. But adults understood more than eye, and a glare was something more to them than to me. They saw a thousand words in one expression, they found the deeper meanings, while I saw just an expression painted on their faces. So I wonder what story Mother saw on my face now? Did she see my story of what happened while I was in the Basin? Or did she see the sad story of her lost daughter whom she thought was tortured in the Basin? What was hidden behind my ruby eyes?

I look down as the black jaguar wanders towards me, straying from Mother's side. She looks at me, walking slowly, cautiously. She takes a quick whiff of my scent before fleeing to my brother's side. I smile a gentle, faded smile. She was cute... I looked back up to Mother, who wept to herself in silence while I looked at the cub and my brother. I suppose I would have to get used to this... our little family. But I halted at that thought. Our family wasn't complete. There was one piece that was missing, one important piece. "Where's father?" I ask, curiosity drowning out the tears for just a fragile second. I gaze at Mother, my eyes wandering to my golden brother as Mother speaks to him.

Azarel.

So that is his name... I smile at him as his little pink lips struggle, his squeaky voice sounding out the words hello. I smile gently, stopping when he says sister. Then I smile back, watching as he moves from behind Mother's tail, moving forward cautiously. I bend my neck, opening my lips. "Hello little brother." I smile at him a little more before raising my head, looking at Mother as she admits she had missed me so much. The tears break out of their prison and run free as I hear Mother's sweet words. "I... I've missed you too... Mother.." I walked forward, reaching to give Mother a warm, mother-daughter equine embrace. One that we all knew would happen at some point.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: eek
word count: 532

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread