the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

How exactly had she arrived here? She remembered a storm - remembered getting lost in the blinding snow as she sought shelter. The thing she remembered most was seeing Iona, her beautiful twin sister, get tossed by the winds across the sky as she tried to land and then vanish from sight. Though she knew her twin was alive, for she felt it in her heart the connection remained true, they were separated.

And now Alysanne was lost. Not hopelessly, for even though she had been wandering for months without finding her way back home, she had hope. Her twin was alive, her son was old enough to care for herself and then there was him, her dearest… well, he would be fine without her (even if she longed for the tender touches that were as precious as shooting stars).

Oh, yes, she would miss them terribly but she truly believed she would find her way back to them.

For the moment, the white and black Pegasus simply wanted to figure out where she was. Although the forest had not changed too much over the past few days, she knew she must have been getting close to another realm. It had been a while since the scent of others, horse and horse-like, had been as strong as they were here.

Though she knew mountains to be to the north, in the midst of the forest she could only catch a glimpse of them every so often. In the morning light, she found the forest peaceful – her emerald eyes bright with joy as she moved among the shadows. The presence of the trees, of the whisper of the wind, the dappled sunlight that touched the ground vegetation – it was all so peaceful. Those things were just what she needed to feel safe.

Quietly she continued at a slow pace, admiring the forest and its wonders but always in search of others. Her wings were folded tight against her side but occasionally reached out to gently brush at a starflower or a fern that burst from the bed of moss, needles and leaves that were composting on the ground.

She had been born in the forest, she adored the plants, but oh, she longed to find company - to come across someone that might tell her where exactly she was. Perhaps she would be able to orient herself and eventually make her way back to where her family was, but for now she would like nothing more than a friendly face to appear from around the corner.

She could hear them – her black ears twitched and trembled as they picked up the signs of life. Someone, or something, was close. She would not call out just yet, lest she interrupt the serenity of the morning

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Cypress - 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM