the Rift

Take me to the start [open]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

As she hoped, it was only a matter of time before she came across someone – or before they came across her, as it actually played out. When another painted mare stumbled quite literally across her path, relief and joy leapt through Alysanne and a smile appeared bright in her emerald eyes. So there were others! From a glance this land might not be so different from the one she left - and seeing as how her wings did not startle this mare, there must be others that looked like her.

But wait… were those mushrooms?

She did not get a chance to get more of a glimpse, however, because she quickly picked up on the condition of the mare. That bright smile was replaced with nothing less than heartfelt concern. Kahlua, as she introduced herself, seemed to be attempting to get the better of some tears (and unfortunately, failing). “Oh honey, what’s wrong?” No condescension, no sarcasm, just pure concern.

It hardly mattered that they had just met and were basically strangers, Alysanne did not like to see anyone in such a terrible mood. The initial instinct was to reach out and give the mare a sort of hug with her neck, but perhaps that would be too much. So instead, she took a step forward, reaching out with the intention of gently touching her muzzle to that of the other mare, in a comforting gesture.

Or what she hoped was comforting. There could be a million things causing Kahlua to sob so, and Alysanne only hoped that it was a problem that she might be able to help fix. Perhaps a few words off-subject might help. “Thank you so much for the welcome, it’s so kind of you.” The fact that the Pegasus was, by all accounts, lost and had wandered into a foreign land did not seem so important at the moment. No, there were other things that had her focus now. “I’m Alysanne - or just Aly - and it’s very nice to meet you.”

A moment later, upon hearing someone behind her, she turned her head to see a young colt, dark grey and with his own pair of wings. He seemed young to be travelling without his mother, but perhaps she was close by. Seeing him brought to mind her own son, but she mustn’t dwell on what she had left behind. Surely he was safe, growing up around his cousins and his aunt. Brushing aside those thoughts, she invited the colt into their conversation with a gesture of her head and greeted him warmly. “Hello Dust! I’m Aly. How are you?” Colts at Dust’s age, or at any age really, usually wanted to appear older than they were and resented being talked to ‘like a baby’. So she resisted the desire to inquire into the whereabouts of his mother, at least for a little while longer.

Her welcome into this land – Helovia, was it? – consisted of a sobbing mare and a young foal. But now that she was no longer alone, Alysanne did not mind in the slightest.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-15-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Dust - 10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-20-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Kahlua - 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Blitzen - 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Take me to the start [open] - by Cypress - 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM